Blackbeard's trip - Dec 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going on my second Blackbeard's trip this Saturday. I last went in early November a couple years ago and the water temps were fine for a 3 mil. I plan to bring the 3 mil along again, but also packing the 2 mil hooded vest.

Does anyone know what the water temps have been recently?

Also wondering about the outside air temps. I'll probably bring a pair of sweats and a jacket just in case the evenings/mornings get cold. Again, recommendations are very much appreciated.

Please post up if anyone else has signed up for this trip. I will be traveling solo again.

Steve

Going on my second Blackbeard's trip this Saturday. I last went in early November a couple years ago and the water temps were fine for a 3 mil. I plan to bring the 3 mil along again, but also packing the 2 mil hooded vest.

Does anyone know what the water temps have been recently?

Also wondering about the outside air temps. I'll probably bring a pair of sweats and a jacket just in case the evenings/mornings get cold. Again, recommendations are very much appreciated.

Please post up if anyone else has signed up for this trip. I will be traveling solo again.

Steve
Steve,

Water temperatures will be between 75-80F with air temperatures in the same range. I would definitely suggest packing a jacket or wind breaker for evenings/mornings, especially post night dive. Look forward to having you back out with us!

I dove with a 3mm shortie layered with a 3/2 suit 2 weeks ago. It wasn't enough for me with 4-5 dives a day, and I had a hot tub to get into after the dive.

During the day, I was fine in a 3/2 with gloves and a beanie. I added a hooded vest to my night and early morning dives.

I'm sure it'll be colder for anyone diving in Jan/Feb.

I dove with a 3mm shortie layered with a 3/2 suit 2 weeks ago. It wasn't enough for me with 4-5 dives a day, and I had a hot tub to get into after the dive.
Unless the BB boats has a hidden hot tub that we don't know about-I want my $ back. I'm assuming you are referring to the Bahamas Aggressor here?

Nassau Water Temperature | Bahamas | Sea Temperatures - this website says the water temps are currently 81. Can anyone attest to whether this is true? If the temps are in the mid 70’s, then I’ll need a 7mm: leave for Bahamas on Friday.
Body core temp will drop fast within the first few days of any livaboard trip. A full 3mm may be comfortable at first but by day 3 you'd definitely wish you had on a 5mm. A safe bet would be to start with a 3 and bring a 5/3 hooded vest. Getting in and out of a 7mm 4-5x day is not my idea of a vacation if you ask me.

I was on the Aquacat 28 Oct -4 Nov. During our trip, water temps were in the 82-84 degree range. Now, a little over a month later, I would expect them to be about 2-3 degrees cooler, possibly more.

I was on the Aquacat 28 Oct -4 Nov. During our trip, water temps were in the 82-84 degree range. Now, a little over a month later, I would expect them to be about 2-3 degrees cooler, possibly more.

Hmm, that means the website is accurate, reporting current temps at 80-81. That is tolerable with a 5mm for me plus I’m bringing my hooded vest: anything to avoid the hellish 7mm! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom