Oceanic Geo /Veo as 1st computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the VEO & Aeris are almost identical, I'm leaning towards the A300 for the display, 3 buttons, & price. Hating the extra $100 for a cable tho...but that seems like the norm.
Thank you for the input!

I had the Gekko for about 8 years. It has worked without a single problem. That said it is very conservative compared to others. I took the advice and bought the Aeris300 from amazon last year and have about 50 dives on it.
It has worked well and much more liberal in the Dsat mode.

I bought the Aeris A300 from Amazon, and am looking forward to using it! Feel pretty good about the the computer & price. Thanks for the input! :)

I would suggest the GEO 2. It was my second dive computer. My first was the Dive Rite Nitek. I liked the smaller form factor of the GEO 2 and used it as a watch with my work clothes.

An added bonus was people would ask me about the Geo 2. They could never identify the watch or maker. Kinda like a conversation starter.

But, any of the ones you looked at will be more than fine.

Thanks! They all sounded pretty similar & like they would work great, so I ended up with the Aeris based on price :) I think it's basically a Veo with a different layout. It's definitely not watch-sized though...

I would suggest the GEO 2. It was my second dive computer. My first was the Dive Rite Nitek. I liked the smaller form factor of the GEO 2 and used it as a watch with my work clothes.

An added bonus was people would ask me about the Geo 2. They could never identify the watch or maker. Kinda like a conversation starter.

But, any of the ones you looked at will be more than fine.

I have Veo3 and use Veo2 as mine back up. Love them bith but especially my Veo3.

Why are they phasing out the Veo3?!? If I'd realised that, would have purchased another Veo3 as my back up instead of the Veo2. :(

I have Veo3 and use Veo2 as mine back up. Love them bith but especially my Veo3.

Why are they phasing out the Veo3?!? If I'd realised that, would have purchased another Veo3 as my back up instead of the Veo2. :(

Reason given to me by a senior sales manager from Oceanic at DEMA is that the sales numbers between the computers were the deciding factor on which computers to keep and which not to keep. The Veo1 was very limited and people just went to the Veo2 most of the time. For the Veo3, people went to the next more expensive one and didn't buy a lot of the Veo3's. They had to consolidate their dive computer offering to what made business sense based on market demand.

Last edited:
What's next from Veo3? Anyway, I don't need the two gas settings but want the 3 buttons. Based on a consumer like me, they should give Veo2 an adjustment making it a 3 button.:wink:

I bought my Geo2 over 4 years ago. It's more like a watch, than a huge dive puck. The menu took a bit to get used to, but now I can navigate it easily.

I also have a Veo180 which I took out of a console. It's a 1 button puck style which I put in a wrist mount. I only use it as a backup. My Geo2 once had a low battery and I guess I didn't notice it. Once it hit the water, it went on the fritz and I had to send it in for service, so having a backup was convenient.

I prefer diving with my Geo2.

With that said, that Aeris deal is pretty good.

What's next from Veo3? Anyway, I don't need the two gas settings but want the 3 buttons. Based on a consumer like me, they should give Veo2 an adjustment making it a 3 button.:wink:

The Geo 2. They reduced the price on this computer making it an alternative to the VEO3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom