Sony nex5n in Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

Sorr for bringing this old post back from the dead. I have a question for the OP.

I own a nex 5n with the an5n aquatica housing. I already own the 30mm 3.5 for my macro stuff but I am looking for a longer focal distance. You mentionned you used the minolta 100mm f2.8, but doesnt that lens extend when focusing? how do you make that work with the port? I was thinking about the sony 90mm f2.8 macro, but I am not sure it will fit within the port even if it doesnt extend... (and its expensive).

BTW LOVE the images!

EDIT: I checked the lengths, and the 30204 wide angle zoom port is only 111 mm long where the 100mm lens reaches 146mm when fully lengthened. So It isn't what I thought was happening.

Last edited:
Off course the lens extend, so You need veeeeery looooong port, it is few times longer than the port for 30mm macro.
90mm sony is little bit shorter but it fit the same port as it is for 100mm, because both lenses has quite long focusing distance so 1-2 cm from the port glass dosn't matter.
I do not need OSS because I always take shots with strobes, and I prefer MF over AF so the Minolta or Sony 100mm f 2.8 with LE-EA1 is just fine for me.
I do not know the aquatica system, but You can check the longest port (that one for 100mm canon or nikon) or maybe some combination of Yours port with extensions to fit that lens ??
Off course You need the focus gear but nowadays, If You know somebody who can work on 3D design software and has access to 3D printer, then You can adopt some of the zoom gear which You already have.

There is my setup
snoot-4.jpg

zestaw.jpg

Great photos! I use the same converter setup with a sony a5100. Any tips on how to reduce corner distortion on wide angle / fisheye photos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom