Deep6 manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to be perfectly clear for those of us who service our own gear will the shop manual be available without taking an additional course?
as I have stated all along, I am not quite sure why the tone, it may be just my reading on it however

as I have stated all along, I am not quite sure why the tone, it may be just my reading on it however

Wait, so I can buy a Deep6 reg, ask for the service manual, and you'll send a pdf, without having to go to an instructor?

If this is the case, these just got much more attractive.....

I would be surprised if that is the case @Candiru . I bought into Hog based on the idea that I'd be able to service them myself. Unfortunately since nobody close by offers the course, I've got regs that I'm still "unable" to service myself. Not a big deal, I can still get the kits, and I still do the service, it's just unsanctioned. I don't blame Hog in any way, and I understand their desire to limit their liability, I even took my first technical course so that I would qualify, but unless you live close to an instructor so that you can work within their schedule, it's really not very feasible.

It seemed that instructors wanted to do the whole Hog line, requiring a bunch of tools and a bunch of work on stuff the student may or may not even own. In my case that would add a lot of extra time and expense when really I just want the official stamp of approval for servicing D1's, D2's and the seconds.

If I could get the service manual sans jumping through hoops, I'd sell my Hogs tomorrow and buy Deep6's. Complete swap. But I don't foresee any circumstances where that would be the case, and I fully understand why.
guys, glad you all want the service manuals, I do as well so I could give it to you. It is not written yet. Then again I am less than 2 months into shipping product and everything is still my service issue anyhow (warranty and all)... so there is that. But seriously, yes the manual will be available(idea being that if you are travelling having the manual, along with a spare set of service kits that even if you aren't a tech you can find one to service and will have the kits and manuals with you). Training and mentoring is still highly recommended if you decide to service your own gear.

Wait, so I can buy a Deep6 reg, ask for the service manual, and you'll send a pdf, without having to go to an instructor?

If this is the case, these just got much more attractive.....

Yes...eventually. When it is written. Kinda hard when it is not yet

Yes...eventually. When it is written. Kinda hard when it is not yet

Didn't mean to sound like I was pressuring you.

That's excellent news. I'm off to take pictures of my Hogs! They're going up for sale. Consider me a convert.

Ok, next question. BAR gauges or just PSI at this point?

Sorry Cerich I just didn't want to get my DIY heart broken again.

With your assurances I'm in. At the end of the day it seems many people on this forum want a company that will provide a shop manual and parts without a secret handshake. Thank you for making this happen.

Consider my D3 for sale. Din or yoke. If anybody else wants to support a company that supports the DIY community follow this link for a special scuba board DIY forum price.

Deep 6 Gear

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my deep6 first stage on Friday. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. For anybody that loves the DIY forum it's a really great reg. For the purchase price you receive an annual kit and also the first annual service is included in the price. I like the upgraded PVD coating the all metal din wheel and the design of the the HP port orientation. It also seems that that upgraded annual kit from deep6 will be interchangable and cheaper than the current market price of a hog d3 annual kit.

Wonder when the tech course will be available in Hong Kong (if it will be)

I am going to get this reg even I cannot enjoy the 1st free service

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom