Looking for dive buddies for lake lanier !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylejones982

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi im a diver from marietta with 50 dives under my belt and one cert away from my advanced. Recently i have started diving side mount and dry suit and am looking for other divers who are experienced in diving lake lanier. I think we can all agree that we wish we could dive the springs and ocean regularly but i just wanna get wet so heres my call out to anyone who's willing to take a lanier newby down with them !
Thanks
Kyle

Lake Jocassee, SC, is only a couple of hours away and more accommodating to divers. That's where I go.

I did a television feature on the submerged ruins in Lake Lanier. Vis was soup and water at depth was insanely cold. Even in drysuit, I was feeling the need for more thermal layers. It has some buildings but you have to be comfortable with drysuit and low viz to enjoy that dive.

Lake Jocassee, SC, is only a couple of hours away and more accommodating to divers. That's where I go.
I was looking into lake jocassee and it seems like a great place to dive the problem for me is finding a buddy. My normal dive buddy is busy diving his rebreather so I'm out of a buddy to dive with.

I was looking into lake jocassee and it seems like a great place to dive the problem for me is finding a buddy. My normal dive buddy is busy diving his rebreather so I'm out of a buddy to dive with.

Try posting under one of the Jocassee threads. There are a few SB'ers who dive there now and then.

Lanier can be fairly clear if diving near the dam,usually 10-20 ft. I will be glad to dive with you,been trying to round up a few divers for local dives. I am planning a trip to nw florida springs in late Feb.

Back
Top Bottom