Where is best dive resort in Lembeh on the mainland side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan

Contributor
Reaction score
We were in Lembeh earlier this year and once again had great diving. We are going again in February and cannot stay on Lembeh Island this time. What recommendations are there for dive resorts on the mainland side of the Straits? I've tried searching the Scubaboard site but can't find any up-to-date broad recommendations - and places change quickly, up and down, with new management. What are we looking for? Clean rooms, hot water, Indonesian food, excellent dive guides who will allow you a long slow dive (and we do respect their needs when it comes to multiple dives and time underwater).

Would be very grateful for comments and advice.

Kungkungan Bay Resort :D

Been staying there for years, and with one slight hiccup aside with a useless manager who has since left, it's awesome!

I enjoyed Black Sands. Excellent food, excellent accommodation, fast boats (so you can return to the lodge between dives), good guides and a house reef that is one of the major dive sites in Lembeh.

Another vote for Black Sands.
One more that you can look at is Dive Into Lembeh. It has recently opened and is just down the beach from Black Sands.

I am very curious why you "cannot" stay on Lembeh Island??

Another vote for Black Sands.
One more that you can look at is Dive Into Lembeh. It has recently opened and is just down the beach from Black Sands.

I am very curious why you "cannot" stay on Lembeh Island??

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Went to KBR way back in the day before it was "modernised". Dive guide was Liberty. Brilliant diving. Paul Humann was there taking pictures for the fish book he and Ned DeLoach produced.

We were not going to stay on Lembeh Island as we needed to contact people in Bitung and get to them easily. We are now looking at alternatives. It may depend on where there are vacancies.

Back
Top Bottom