Wrinkles September Dive Catalina 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun crowd indeed, I'm surprized how we all met on Scubaboard...........awesome trip. We all got a little out of synch, since some people got in a little later.

Yeah, change of plan, teaching. But the beer was good :)

Conditions improved substantially on Sunday. But the wind kept picking up and made for a helluva ride back to the mainland. Sorry I didn't see more of you.

sapphire:
Oh, and why has no one mentioned that we have now found the best use for a snorkel??
I think we're waiting for Jonathan to post the picture of "the best use for a snorkel". You've kinda gotta see it! :D

Christian

headhunter:
I think we're waiting for Jonathan to post the picture of "the best use for a snorkel". You've kinda gotta see it! :D

Christian

Hope he starts a new thread on that subject.........

CHUD:
Well, I was there but sort of feel like I was not-there. I met Jim, Myrna, HeadHunter and (I think) dazedone on the ferry over, and I ran across Shaka Zulu by the lockers, but that was all the people I met and I didn't get to dive with any of 'em! I was assisting with an OW class for my first two dives (sorry for the viz, folks :11: ) and then I couldn't find any of you for my third so I hooked up with some folks from the Burbank Dive Club.

But hey, it was great just knowing y'all were there. :wink:

I thought I missed a CHUD Saturday!! Well, maybe on the next dive!

headhunter:

Christian

ok...i was there but didn't see it. what is the "best use for a snorkel" i could take a guess but might get the boot for writing it here :11:

jetfixer:
ok...i was there but didn't see it. what is the "best use for a snorkel" i could take a guess but might get the boot for writing it here :11:
It's nothing that anyone would get the boot for. But you'll have to see the picture when Jonathan posts it. It's a picture from lunch of another group.

Christian

We still had some great dives though. There were so many people at the dive park this weekend. Our Saturday morning did not start out very well. My wife had set up her tank on the wall leading to the stairs and left it there where I accidentally nudged it off. So if you heard the loud pop and freeflow that would have been us and a now ruined first stage! hmmm..... Well lesson learned, we were able to rent a reg with out much hassle (The guys working at the fill station were kinda rude though- never had that issue before). Had great dives as usual. It's seems you never know what the dive park will have for you. Those large schools of baitfish (jack mackerel?) were awesome. There were tons of lobster! I saw about a dozen on one dive! I brought a friend who had never dived California- now he's hooked and is already making plans for us to return!

Tony.

BTW Motivation....
I missed seeing you and Jaye at the dive park, hope you get better soon!
Tony.

tonyc:
BTW Motivation....
I missed seeing you and Jaye at the dive park, hope you get better soon!
Tony.

We were all to the right (facing the ocean) of the steps where you enter. When the tank fell of, I started the clapping thing..........so close???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom