Poseidon Triton 2000 1st stage regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend of mine gave me his old crate of dive gear he bought 10 years ago and did a few dives with and never again. He had two Poseidon Triton 2000 regulator sets in there that looked brand new still. Thing is I dislike the 2nd stage look and feel, but I'm interrested to know about the 1st stage regulator.
I'm thinking of setting it up on twins, will this be a a good idea. They are compct and I'm thinking, if they are good regulators, I can use them to good effect. Can anyone comment on the performance of these regulators please, are they good and reliable to use or should I discard them.

Attachments

• IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2639.JPG
    IMG_2639.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 158
Thank you. Question is can I mix them with other brand 2nd stages i.e. Mares or Scubapro? Read somewhere that Poseidon regulators are not compatable with other brands. Cannot find too much details about these online.
The next big issue is that according to what I've found online they are not rated for EAN, not even 32 or 36%. Is this correct?

you can mix and match but you have to adjust the IP of the first stage to match that of the second stages. If it is still set to factory spec, it will be between 120-130psi IP which is low for scubapro/mares etc and you will have to increase it. The first stages are capable of going to much higher IP than those regulators can handle so you will be fine.

They better be compatible with 32% nitrox.... If not I should probably give back the 10+ hours I have put on mine in the last 3 days in cave country...

If it is still set to factory spec, it will be between 120-130psi IP which is low for scubapro/mares etc and you will have to increase it.

125 PSI is absolutely fine for SP 2nd stages. It's on the low end of the specified range (125-150) but it works quite well and I usually set my SP 1st stages near the low end anyway. IP is a little like blood pressure, it ain't going down with age.

Back
Top Bottom