What do you do over the winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas isn't that cold in the winter. Many divers keep diving all year. I actually prefer winter diving here. Gearing up in 110 degree weather is no fun! Drysuit = no problems with cold (assuming it stays dry inside haha) :)

Spend time looking for a different place to live where you can dive all year long!!!!

I dive all year long in Libya, perhaps you should try it here :)

Last edited:
I love winter! I love the Midwest. Heat and humidity, dislike!

Some lakes here have open water until december and then people do ice diving! I haven't had a chance yet because starting in December I switch hobbies to mountain snowmobiling so that fills my time until spring :)
I usually go on a diving trip in Feb or March so it's only a couple months a year I'm dry. I hardly ever go to a pool though because I'd rather be sledding. Shadow Divers is a great book

For those of us in cold climates, what do you do over the winter diving-related? Even a weekend trip to Florida, for example, is not in my budget. My LDS is looking at scheduling pool time (have to rent time at local park district indoor pool) for certified divers wanting to keep the rust off. I've also located several other LDS with onsite pools where you can reserve time when they don't have classes. I'm doing that next weekend for 2 hours with a buddy. $10/hour including tank rental and weights.

What else do you do besides as much pool time as possible? I dove our local quarry on the 30th (closing day), and as a diving buddy says, my gills are drying out already! :). I've got a number of YouTube videos on my to be watched list.

I dive through the winter. It's cold but it's better than not diving :/ I tried indoor climbing in the winter with my buddy and we enjoyed that too but we don't do it very often.

R..

I installed a heated 12,000 gal 20' deep 10' round indoor dive pool in my front yard....:)

Jim...

What to do in the winter? Post inane comments on Scubaboard, of course!

Back
Top Bottom