Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ritzcat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I plan on running back and forth to FL this winter to finish up some training. I need to clock some time underwater while I work on my Dive Guide!

Looking for a buddy, a local to show me around town. I want to move to FL by the summer and would love to be introduced to the community and local diving!

I think the plan is to make a few week long trips and the goal is to do about 15 dives a week, so I'm looking for a buddy that is not only diving at or around my level, but has the time ! I'm super flexible and I'm looking to get my foot in the door. Help!

Ritzcat: I suggest you join a couple of clubs. One I like is Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea.... they sponsor dives several times per week. I recently moved away, but when I was in Florida, most divers worked like me so only dove on the weekends. Anyone with a family or house to take care of can only fit in a few dives per week. With a club, at least you'll get out often but probably with different dive buddies each time.

Last edited:
Wow..Florida is a big. huge. state and you are looking for a "local"...you need to pin down the area you are visiting.

Wow..Florida is a big. huge. state and you are looking for a "local"...you need to pin down the area you are visiting.

Sorry about multiple posts. If you are looking for LOTS of divers plus nearly free beach diving, you can't beat Broward County.

weather and ocean conditions are hard to predict in southeast florida during the winter........otherwise what DebbyDiver and sportxlh said is on the money.....good luck with your endeavor....and dive dive dive.

I plan on running back and forth to FL this winter to finish up some training. I need to clock some time underwater while I work on my Dive Guide!

Looking for a buddy, a local to show me around town. I want to move to FL by the summer and would love to be introduced to the community and local diving!

I think the plan is to make a few week long trips and the goal is to do about 15 dives a week, so I'm looking for a buddy that is not only diving at or around my level, but has the time ! I'm super flexible and I'm looking to get my foot in the door. Help!

Hi Ritzcat,

Where are you doing your training, where will you be on your visits? What do you want to do, boat dives, shore dives? I have no idea about the market for a DM/instructor, others will have to help you out with that. Only the minority of operators I use put a DM/guide in the water.

I spend about a week per month in Boynton Beach and do most of my diving there, in Jupiter, and in West Palm, somewhat dependent on the seas. While there, I dive as much as I can. As mentioned, the seas can be uncooperative in the fall and winter. You can check the conditions in my area here http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=amz650&syn=amz600 I dived all 12 days on a visit in Sept but only got in 5 of 10 days in October. It's been a pretty tough fall so far.

I'll next be down Nov 28-Dec 5 and would be glad to do some dives with you if that happens to work out.

Good diving, Craig

Sorry about multiple posts. If you are looking for LOTS of divers plus nearly free beach diving, you can't beat Broward County.

Thank ya! Yeah I haven't pinned down an area yet because I wasn't sure what the best area was to find what I'm looking for! I will check it out!

Southeast Florida is definitely the place with the most training and therefore the most competition. It's why I moved there 35 years ago! I'm gone now but it will always be home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom