Need advice on this product I am working with

Would you purchase this for underwater video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Bradshaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I am not a diver, I am a web and animation guy. I am working with a new company trying to help them get their product out. At this point I am working for a percentage of each sale. However, I am wondering if this is an a product people are actually going to buy?

As divers, would you see yourself purchasing this product? It is a goPro mount for your regulator.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reg-Mount - The worlds only regulator mounted GoPro mount for scuba diving

No, definitely not, nor would I even suggest it to anyone. People are already concerned about the weight/balance/stress on their teeth/gums/lips and adding anything that makes it worse is a terrible idea.

Specific reason?

Getting outside of the safety issues, there is no way to actually use the camera without removing the piece of equipment allowing you to breath.........

Getting outside of the safety issues, there is no way to actually use the camera without removing the piece of equipment allowing you to breath.........

It actually easily detaches from the mount.

No, definitely not, nor would I even suggest it to anyone. People are already concerned about the weight/balance/stress on their teeth/gums/lips and adding anything that makes it worse is a terrible idea.

If you notice in the video, there is a chin support pad that helps to balance it out. The guys behind this started using this even without the camera mount attached. However, I do see your concern there.

maybe look at the success (failure) of mask/head mounted cameras for scuba. In general, that kind of video is really shaky, and makes you seasick.

maybe look at the success (failure) of mask/head mounted cameras for scuba. In general, that kind of video is really shaky, and makes you seasick.

Thank you for your input HowardE... I see that you are also a web developer. I value your opinion, especially after seeing your site. Any chance I can PM you and ask a few questions?

I used to have a head mount ffor my gopro. It was horrible! Plus the extra weight on the reg. No thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom