Where best in Southern Africa to dive in November 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TalS

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys,

Trying to find out where is a great exotic place in Southern Africa to go scuba diving - something along the lines of Seychelles, Mozambique or Mauritius...
Suggestions for November 2017??

I dived in the Seychelles last year, great diving, surprisingly healthy coral fields (I read everywhere that a huuge bleaching killed everything there - simply not true...), turtles, a few sharks. Nothing spectacular, such as whaleshark & Co. Btw the Seychelles is also great topside, we cycled around La Digue (which Island I'd recommend the most). I can't recall the name of the dive Op on La Digue, but You'll find them near the Jetty, its a small place. We also stayed a week on Praslin, where I dived with Octopus - also a well-run establishment. The dive I'd call the best was with Octopus at Shark Rock: 30+m visibility, dozens of eagle rays, a nurse shark, nice granite and coral formations.

Next year I'd like to try something new. Addicted to coral and nice colors, I am eyeing Mozambique but a little worried about topside safety in mainland Africa. Especially that I like to combine diving with land-excursions, night time stargazing, etc - which is not a life insurance down there, but I am still collecting information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom