Why should warm water divers consider the UK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't wait to dive over in Canada, I've seen so much great footage, but what to do first!

This is a promo for British Columbia diving put together by my friends at www.Seaproof.tv A bunch of it was shot when they joined my group up in Browning Pass (an annual trip for me... I'm the guy on the boat in the red toque).

If I had to "dive Canada", I would head to BC, then hit the Great Lakes on the way home to rinse my gear... ;-)

Last edited:
This is a promo for British Columbia diving put together by my friends at www.Seaproof.tv A bunch of it was shot when they joined my group up in Browning Pass (an annual trip for me... I'm the guy on the boat in the red toque).

If I had to "dive Canada", I would head to BC, then hit the Great Lakes on the way home to rinse my gear... ;-)

What an amazing video! I want to go diving right now this minute! Luckily being part Saskatchewan, I also know what a toque is, not many British guys do lol! Thanks for sharing, I hope one day I'll be able to share my BC diving video with you in return.

Luckily being part Saskatchewan, I also know what a toque is, not many British guys do lol! .

LOL... I debated calling it a cap or something... Thanks for translating. ;-)

Been diving in Canada, my home, for 40 years. Water is usually cold. Mostly the great lakes. The lakes are cold at depth 4C. The St. Lawrence and the lakes are full of wrecks and during the summer months the St. Lawrence is warm +20C at all depths. Not the lakes at depth. You will need a dry suit for the deep cold lakes.
We jump into Lake Huron, get pulled to St. Clair and do the "superman" drift during the summer. 2 tanks are best but the dive never goes below 40ft.and last 1.5 hours. lots of fish from sturgen to pickeral.

The majority of my diving has been in warm water (20C+) and in September I am meeting up with a buddy to do some diving off both coasts of Scotland. No time to do Scapa Flow unfortunately.

Been 7 years since I last dived off Oban, but with the right gear water temperature is not an issue. And on a positive note if it's chucking it down after your dive your gear is washed by nature :)

In response to the diving is supposed to be fun posts. you could say the same thing about marathons. They are an enormous challenge yet overcoming them is an extremely rewarding feeling.

Maybe some people get the same kind of rewards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom