Drysuit and drysuit course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gobuyastick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a drysuit but im having trouble deciding which to choose between. My top two choices are DUI TLS350 and Santi E-motion, I am leaning towards the Santi. The price difference between the two is quite similar, however I would like to know if there's specific drysuits and drysuit add-ons/options that DIR divers prefer. Also should I take the GUE drysuit course? My fundies instructor is awesome so I wouldn't mind taking another course from her if that is relevant or not.

There are some DIR recommendations as far as drysuits go.....take with a grain of salt..
Firstly, no thick neoprene....the 2 you've selected are laminates, no worries there.
- self entry
- thigh pockets
- pee valve optional
- proper fit
That's about all....
Yes, I'd recommend the drysuit course to maximize the benefits that you'll acquire from fundies.

The material in the DUI TLS's is jokingly referred to as "Tears Like Silk".

The Santi ELite is VERY durable and tough. DUI's FLX Extreme is a better comparison to the Elite than the TLS, and is quite durable.

I own a Santi EMotion, that is similar to the DUI TLS in durability, and I've been happy with it. But after nearly 300 dives, I recently ordered an ELite and wish I had the first time around.

Make sure you get a P Valve!

Yes, take dry suit from your fundies instructor. Doubles too. Then fundies Tec pass!

I also forgot to ask how easy will it be to repair seals on the drysuit. I know DUI has zipseals which from what I have read are relatively easy to change, but what does Santi offer for seal replacement (are they glued on or is there some sort of special way like the zipseals)?

The e-motion+ comes with the wrist Smart Seals. The fabric is also a mix of the e-lite and e-motion materials, depending on location.

GUE Drysuit course provides a great review of Fundies skills. You do it all, but in a drysuit. I have an Emotion.

I'm actually having a heck of a time getting my trim right, and have scheduled another day with my instructor.

When I got mine a year ago Santi had about 4 different options for wrist seals. I got Viking, but I know SiTech was offered too. Their own one came out after I had mine.

You might want to take a look at Rofos too. Heard good things about it from owners and its priced very attractively. I've seen a few in person and it looks to be very well made with quality materials.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom