WaterProof D1 Hybrid Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and as far as drysuit undergarments go, I cannot say enough good things about the Fourth Element Arctic shirt, leggings, and socks I got in June. They are super warm, even when my suit was slowly flooding in 37F water.

But, the best thing is that they are not puffy or bulky like some undies I've seen, so they don't add a big weighting requirement.

Compared to diving in my drysuit in warm water with only thin shorts and a t-shirt on, when I add my FE Arctic gear underneath, I only add a 4# V-weight to my SS BP (with double steel 120s). No other lead. Just SS BP and 4# V-weight for drysuit and water at 37F. I attribute that to the dense feeling of the FE gear which makes it warm without adding much bulk.

Thinking about my last reply a little more it may be 2-3 lb more difference with the D1 than I suggested above (so 7 lb. in total) - the D1 dive profiles I have looked at all seem to be with back mounted twins, the D7 dive profiles are side-mount, so there is a backplate to factor in as well.

Thinking about my last reply a little more it may be 2-3 lb more difference with the D1 than I suggested above (so 7 lb. in total) - the D1 dive profiles I have looked at all seem to be with back mounted twins, the D7 dive profiles are side-mount, so there is a backplate to factor in as well.

Yes, so looks it to me, it is costs of 3D liner with constant air gap over whole body. Compared to D7, where you have on some part more squeezed than other. But, is it as is writen in promo, air gap in D1 is much more constant, or there are air bubbles travel around suit as in D7?

Only putting enough air in the D1 to stop squeeze, which does not take much, means there is no air bubble to move around. I can invert and swim head down - feet up in the D1 without either getting floaty legs or fins popping off. I have got the D7, although far fewer dives on it, and a Hollis membrane suit and get far more air movement in both of them. I dive the D1 from preference most of the time. - P

Only putting enough air in the D1 to stop squeeze, which does not take much, means there is no air bubble to move around. I can invert and swim head down - feet up in the D1 without either getting floaty legs or fins popping off. I have got the D7, although far fewer dives on it, and a Hollis membrane suit and get far more air movement in both of them. I dive the D1 from preference most of the time. - P
Many thanks Phil, its what I except from this suit... I go order for testing size and possibly buy. M

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I was at the UK dive show at the Waterproof importers stand today looking at their new 'Ultima' dry glove system, they had a set of the rings and fittings to play around with.

It is a set of cuff rings that you can switch out and works in a similar way to the Kubi system. It looks brilliant and was so easy to swop out and exchange seals and gloves etc., so if you get the suit and want dry hands have a look at the "Ultima" glove system. I have ordered a set of rings so have my next project lined up :)

Good luck....

Yes, my seller told me there is this posibility with waterproof to keep easy hands dry. I my dive region (alp lakes, Slovak, Czech , Hungarian and Poland lakes and flooded quarrys) with water about 5 to 10 degrees C in depth below 10m most year (10 months in year) it is necesary.

I will inform you soon about result; M

Back
Top Bottom