DeepBlu Cosmiq....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got it from the webstore. First 2 dives were good. The 3rd dive after more than a month, sensor went haywire. Locked me out for the rest of the day.
Anybody know where I can have this checked in Manila, Philippines?

Hi Bangus,

I'm also from Philippines. Planning to try the cosmiq as my first dive computer. How was it? was it easy to use and understand? Do you find it reliable?

Are you sure those reviews and feedback were by people who have dived them or people who have read on SB how conservative they are?

The group think on SB is anti Suunto. That annoys me as they seem to make perfectly good stuff that works. On the other hand some of the darlings of SB are not quite as cool as made out.

My review of the Zoop was based on first hand knowledge with hundreds of dives on it. It is cheap computer with a garbage transducer and extremely conservative with no option to make it less so.
I am anti Suunto because I feel they make garbage. I had two Zoops, a primary and a backup, both had transducers failures under warranty and were replaced. Both replacements had failures within a year of being out of warranty. The early cobras were plagued with the same issue, but being one of their higher end computers, Suunto warrantied them out to five years. They did not do that with the Zoop.

Any other questions as to why people may be anti Suunto?

The computer is easy to use. Easy to understand. Syncs easily to your phone to change settings.

One thing I noted was if you switch it off then on again, it reverts back to a default setting. So if you were initially diving in progressive mode, switching it off then on will have you in conservative mode. (At least this is what I've noticed with the ver 0.7 firmware update).

The computer is easy to use. Easy to understand. Syncs easily to your phone to change settings.

One thing I noted was if you switch it off then on again, it reverts back to a default setting. So if you were initially diving in progressive mode, switching it off then on will have you in conservative mode. (At least this is what I've noticed with the ver 0.7 firmware update).

Thanks Ed! Will try this as my first dive computer

My review of the Zoop was based on first hand knowledge with hundreds of dives on it. It is cheap computer with a garbage transducer and extremely conservative with no option to make it less so.
I am anti Suunto because I feel they make garbage. I had two Zoops, a primary and a backup, both had transducers failures under warranty and were replaced. Both replacements had failures within a year of being out of warranty. The early cobras were plagued with the same issue, but being one of their higher end computers, Suunto warrantied them out to five years. They did not do that with the Zoop.

Any other questions as to why people may be anti Suunto?

Whereas I know dozens of people who dive them without a problem, many are quite old and well used (the computers too). In the U.K. they are the usual computer. People dive other types because they are being cheap (the mares single button things get sold like that) or decide they need a bright, colour trimix/ccr computer.

"Extremely conservative" - what does that actually mean?

Thanks Ed! Will try this as my first dive computer

Here's a photo of me using it at depth. Very easily readable screen. Nice large numbers, display showing pertinent info. At the time, I was evaluating it and comparing it to my Suunto D6.

I no longer use the D6.

image_zpsumhpomui.jpeg

"Extremely conservative" - what does that actually mean?

More conservative than I am on repetitive dives without an ability to change it.
Impossible to express the conservatism level in hard data as they have a proprietary algorithm that isn't published.

Here's a photo of me using it at depth. Very easily readable screen. Nice large numbers, display showing pertinent info. At the time, I was evaluating it and comparing it to my Suunto D6.

I no longer use the D6.

haha thanks! I actually just got mine last weekend! can't wait to try it out. I will post reviews on this too once I get to dive with it

14825556_10154434394235733_1528260942_n.jpg

More conservative than I am on repetitive dives without an ability to change it.
Impossible to express the conservatism level in hard data as they have a proprietary algorithm that isn't published.

Suunto have published a document Suunto Fused RGBM While it isn't the data some would wish it is a worthwhile read.

I can't be hard on Suunto, certainly the default here on SB is hat Suunto's are conservative, I've never found that to be the case. I appreciate we all dive differently and everyone has different experiences.

Certainly with my Eon Steel, even on a recent trip to Indonesia with 38 repetitive dives on air, I never once felt that I was being limited. @ dives a day were always in the 30m + range, granted we weren't making square profile dives, but even accounting for the fact we were on AL80's and achieving 60 min dive time I never felt I was limited. Deco diving, mine has not been far off my Buddies OSTC

There are was to upset a Suunto for sure, short SI and Ascent rate violations. but the amount of bad press from some people (this is not aimed at you Firemedic) is unwarranted

Ok, so suppose you had a ZHL-16C GF computer, how would you personally choose the conservatism? By that I mean how would you pick the numbers to use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom