Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my Brinyte Underwater 150m XML2 LED 3000Lm light yesterday tried it today, DOESN'T WORK! Huge letdown. Anyway, contacted the seller to send a replacement.

Is the DIV20 canister light really available yet? It's easy to find the DIV10 canister light from many sellers but I can only find the Brinyte listing on Alibaba for the DIV20 (with two light heads, and at too high a price to make worthwhile).
Contact Brinye directly and get a price quote . I got mine for $388 + express shipping $63 got one dive light and the other a video light I have not gotten it wet yet hope to with in the next week. got both heads but will only use one at a time . I was told that I could not buy light heads separately at a later date

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    321.1 KB · Views: 236
The Photo shows the old version, but you should get the new one... don't think anyone's still selling the other one.
The new one has a glossier cable and the goodman handle screws are different.

Thank you Duglum.
Does anyone have a picture where I can see both versions so I can be sure I have the new one? Or a pic that shoas the old screws at the handle? The one here in this topic is a pic from the old one?
Because if I only have the new one then, how can I tell?
Would it make sense to add a protection for the cable so it cant bend too much to avoid a broken cable? I heared some people had that problem. Looking forward to get it.

They have some comparing pictures on their Website: The Devil Is In The Flashlight Detail

I didn't add any protection and so far the light and cable have been fine. But i only use it for warm water, it's my traveling Canister Light. I have a different one for our cold lakes. :)

Last edited:
Just got my light. 13 days in total. Very fast shipment with DHL from the Netherlands, so no custom problems or anything like that. It is the NEW version, even if the ebay auction has the pictures from the old version.
The screws are like the new one. The canister has the belt for fixing it on your harness not in the middle but upper third of the canister. Just I can not judge if the cable is more "shiny". Because I have nothing to compare. But think this one is also the better version.

There are 2 spare screws included to fix the handle to the light itself? I can only see 2 holes there but 4 screws are included.
The light looks quite nice and good quality. Also the light is strong I would say.
The screws on the handle are right like this with the washers and screws in this sequence, right?

Looking forward to test it in water. For 100€ including shipping this was a good deal I think.

Attachments

• DIV10_new_800x800.jpg
    DIV10_new_800x800.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 237
I just ordered one on aliexpress. I will keep you guys posted once it arrives and what are my remarks. Have fun.

This is obviously also a company selling the Brinyte stuff: Procean. https://www.procean.nl/bakery/prolight-1600-2114/ Price is 310€ and on the boot exhibition it looks as if the OLD version has the shiny and glossy cable?
For almost the price of the lamp I also bought a case for it. :) And also my UV Light and a charger. I also used some hoses from inside of a bike tire to add some protection to the lamp head and the edges of the tank.

2017-01-21 20.32.33.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom