First set of regulators for a newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also consider this setup from DGX:

DGX Custom - Hollis DC1/212 Streamlined OW Reg Package | Dive Gear Express®

$399 and includes an SPG and LPI hose.

The Hollis 1st stage has a swivel turret with a bottom 5th LP port.

The Hollis 2nd stages are adjustable work-of-breathing and have a dive/pre-dive switch. I have been using these same regs for almost 2 years now and find them to be at least equal to my Dive Rite XT regs, which I also have.

And it's DIN and comes with the yoke adapter from DGX. You can use a DIN reg on any tank (possibly by adding the yoke adapter). You cannot use a yoke reg on all tanks. No adapter will let you use a yoke 1st stage on a 300 bar DIN valve.

I've owned this reg set about 2 months (7 dives on it, local quarry, ~70*). Great quality and super easy breathing.

Take a look at Sherwood, their "dry bleed" system is the poor mans environmental seal. I've had good luck with a Sherwood reg set and extra 1st stage picked up at Lerisure Pro as discounted return. It will take you a longer to get up to speed with the ins and outs of used, but it can be worth the time, all depends on when you need to dive.

Bob

Caveeagle: I suppose it depends on your local shop. I deal with two shops, one local and the other a few hours away where I do my diving out of. Both shops have excellent technicians and do all their own service in house. They also sell all their gear at internet prices or sometimes even lower.

That is great. I suspect the local shops will either adapt or eventually go away.

You have chosen a great reg set.

Back
Top Bottom