where can i get mask prescription lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
im a glasses wearer just had my eyes tested the other week was looking to get a new mask which have prescription lenses made into the mask.spec savers offer me ones they did where u slot in ready made lenses.personally id rather find a mask that suits me then have the glass made to my prescription.as i tried a normal supplied mask from the dive centre i used in koh tao thailand was ok but i could not really make out everything till i was close up.ill be going back again to the same area in feb2017 for 5 days.

im a glasses wearer just had my eyes tested the other week was looking to get a new mask which have prescription lenses made into the mask.spec savers offer me ones they did where u slot in ready made lenses.personally id rather find a mask that suits me then have the glass made to my prescription.as i tried a normal supplied mask from the dive centre i used in koh tao thailand was ok but i could not really make out everything till i was close up.ill be going back again to the same area in feb2017 for 5 days.

Are you near or far sighted? I'm near sighted and went the mask and custom lens option at a cost of around $250 several years ago. I also bought a cheap $50 backup mask from www.getwetstore.com as a backup since I cannot find the floor without my glasses. I misplaced my expensive mask in Bonaire and had to use the backup mask (I did find it a day later in the lost and found). I loved the new mask and never looked back.

That's all I use now. At least for me, I find the getwetstore.com mask very comfortable, although now I do put in stick-on reader lenses inside the mask to help with the old age eyes.

Just something to think about.

Jim

check with your local dive shop my dive shop in my hometown carries lenses as long as they are not anything custom .they come in strenghths just like contacts ,you just need to know your prescription

Here is a decent mask from Dive Gear Express for about $100 with lenses.
Dive Rite Mask with Vision Correcting Lenses | Dive Gear Express®

The basic instructions for most over the counter lens selection is that if you have a 1/4 diopter value to increase it to the next 1/2 diopter value. My right eye is -3.25 so I had previously used a -3.5 lens. Several years ago I was talking with an optometrist who also dives and he pointed out that since it was a negative value, increasing 1/4 diopter would bring the value to -3.0. I tried it on my current mask and found my vision clarity increased.

+1 for seavision. i've used one of their 2100 series masks for 3 years, and have no complaints at all. ordering a back up mask from them today actually.

FWIW, -4.75 sphere in both eyes, so the lenses are a tad thick, but have not noticed any optical aberrations.

I have fooled around with most of the pre-manufactured and less expensive solutions, which may be fine if you are an occasional vacation diver. If you dive a lot though, it is well worth spending the extra time and effort and money to get your mask lenses from prescription dive masks, as several have mentioned above. I need bifocal lenses so I can read, and see in the distance. I have had them make two masks for me now. Although they do have masks that you can buy from them, I opted to send my own masks, and have them manufacture the lenses and install them. These work perfectly, and are worth the money. A big part of diving is being able to see well! Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

I tried several different 'off-the-shelf' masks. All of them worked to one degree or another; however, I was not totally satisfied with any of them. Last year, my wife bought me a new mask and had my prescription installed by Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.. I don't even notice that the lenses have been installed. Everything is clear and in focus. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom