Which underwater notebook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Halcyon one as well, it's nicely built. I stick a rite in the rain notebook inside as they are awesome. I prefer this system to a slate, I take a lot of notes and throughout a dive and this works better. I also cut my own bailout and deco tables which I then laminate and can stick in there along with a few spare arrows and cookies, you can't really do that with a slate. I also liked the Light Monkey one as well but the shop I was in at the time was sold out of them.

SP and Halcyon look almost identical. Aquasketch is too bulky and too complicated.
I've been using the aquaSketch Minno for years. It has virtually unlimited space for notation and reference in a size that I can wear on my wrist or store in a BC pocket. It is simple and indestructible without batteries or depth limits.
It is the right tool for the job.
Using the wrong tool for the job is what leads to complications.

---------- Post added October 5th, 2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

By eliminating the need to erase by having virtually unlimited capacity the aquaSketch actually makes taking notes on a dive much easier than a standard slate or cumbersome notebook

I also really like the Aqua Sketch. It stays out of the way on my arm. It's far easier to communicate quickly with the device on your arm rather than wetnotes in your pocket.

I thought that it looked like a toy when I first saw it and I was concerned about durability but I've had mine on a few hundred dives without issue. I do take care when I pack it in my bag so it doesn't get crushed. There is a photo of some old dude on their website who claims to have 1000 dives on his aquaSketch Minno on it's 1,000th dive!

I posted a thread on this subject a few months ago.

Wetnotes 2016

I am very happy with the Saeko wetnotes I got. I compared it against LM, Halcyon and a bunch of others. The Saeko is $20 or less.

Back
Top Bottom