Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were doing that dive I would shoot for 8:30 or earlier. That gives me an hour and change to gear up and head in.
Though, I've heard reports that even the weekdays have a decent number of divers. Earlier high tides seem to be better.

A bit last minute- but I am looking for a dive buddy for tonight's night dive. I am laid back and fine with any dive plan. I bring my camera so I usually move pretty slow. If anyone needs a buddy or has a group they don't mind me joining please let me know!

Planning on diving Monday morning for the 10:47 high tide. I've only been to the bridge twice, once for a shore dive and once on my boat and both of those times were weekends. What is a reasonable time to arrive on a weekday not bringing the boat. I'm over two hours away and just trying to plan it out.

Arrive at BHB about 8:30am for front row parking--quite possibly the last of the front row.

Friday night, the parking lot was crazy. We surprised we didn't run into more divers underwater. I arrived a couple hours early and hung out with David Sanchez.

We got to the bridge a couple minutes after 8am this morning and found an almost full parking lot with cars circling. 20 ft of sandy viz and 82-84 degree water.....lots of classes, an amazing level of diver load for such a small area of beach, parking, and water. Coming out of the water, the beach was awash in black uniforms--divers getting out, divers getting in for a 2nd dive--divers crowded around both showers--a sea of humanity!!

Jim - Did you notice how rude people were this morning, and how completely unaware of how they were blocking access? By the playground there was a group of 25 student divers and their instructors who had set themselves up on the sidewalk. Completely blocked the path. Take 5 steps in any direction and they would have opened up the walkway! Have instructors lost all respect for anybody who is not paying their fees? Folks ought to be teaching new divers the courtesies of diving, as well, as things like mask and regulator clearing. No excuse for "professionals" not to teach their new divers how to manage themselves, and share the public areas.

(But the diving was nice today!)

MB
The sidewalk was largely blocked over by the east shower as well. There was even a class on a boat moored at the docks near the boat ramps! At one point someone from that group appeared to be looking for a missing person uw! OH MY!

We had a nice dive too.....

Classes have been using the boat docks to learn the giant stride entry. Ugh.. Lovely to get jumped upon. What happened to "look at the water and verify nobody is there" part did they not learn in class?

Had a great dive today! Not a lot of people in the water. Great vis! Got out about noon. AWESOME day!

In town and just checked high tide for tomorrow. Looks like 6:45 pm. Will this give us enough time to do the dive and still get out of the park before we are thrown out or fined?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom