Another Buddy Dive question regarding DIN tank valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Capt Dons but also visited Buddy. Take your adapters. The tanks included in the dive packages are standard AL 80s with yoke valves. There are a couple tech shops on Bonaire that have single AL 100s with DIN valves (TDS at Capt Dons' has two). We rented those for a day when we did a special shore dive and wanted the extra bottom time. For most dives, the 80s are just fine and its not worth paying the extra.

For some reason Buddy Dive is not responding to my emails, and people here seem to have a good response time and knowledge :)

My regs are DIN. Does Buddy have valves on their tanks that have the dial-out fitting that converts the tank from yoke to DIN, or should I bring my DIN to yoke adapters.

Tks
It's been a while since we've been to Buddy's but I have never seen anything but a standard (non DIN) tank anywhere on Bonaire.

To be honest, if I'm going on vacation for a week or more, I switch out my DIN for a traditional yoke because I can't stand the extra length the adapter adds behind my head. When I get back, the yoke gets swapped back for my DIN.

FWIW,

I spoke to the buddy dive shop manager yesterday. They do have din tanks but they cost extra.

SubMariner, have you tried the newer compact lightweight DIN to yoke adapters? I find that it adds almost nothing to the length over what a standard yoke would be. used it for 16 dives over a week and never noticed the difference. I run a poseidon xtream, my wife a scubapro Mk 25. No problems at all.

If you use VIP diving you don't have to bring yoke adapters. Their tanks go from yoke to DIN via a plug in the tank valve. I was so thrilled to find this out and since I plan on using VIP from now on, it'll be one less thing for me to pack. I was in Bonaire end of August, beginning of September, by the way. Happy diving!

I spoke to the buddy dive shop manager yesterday. They do have din tanks but they cost extra.
I also spoke to the BD manager. The DIN tanks they have are not very many, and they are set up for use as stages for their tech customers.

SubMariner, have you tried the newer compact lightweight DIN to yoke adapters? I find that it adds almost nothing to the length over what a standard yoke would be. used it for 16 dives over a week and never noticed the difference. I run a poseidon xtream, my wife a scubapro Mk 25. No problems at all.

I have to admit I my DIN/Yoke adapters are a few years old & adds a bit of (unwanted) length behind my head. Would you be so kind as to post a link to the new types you are describing? I'd definitely be interested!

Thanks,

I have to admit I my DIN/Yoke adapters are a few years old & adds a bit of (unwanted) length behind my head. Would you be so kind as to post a link to the new types you are describing? I'd definitely be interested!

Thanks,
Dont have a photo but if you go to divegearexpress.com they have them. Pretty cheap, too.

Dont have a photo but if you go to divegearexpress.com they have them. Pretty cheap, too.
Thanks for the info. I looked @ them and they haven't changed from the ones I already have. Except the Din Fill adaptor is a nicer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom