Differences in diving - Florida vs. Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're kidding, you and Mel are on the good list, and safest, best run boat I've been on. Maybe sometimes a little curt? :)
The most important thing I can do is return you to your loved one in the same condition or better than they sent you to me. Sometimes that gets in the way of fun.

I am diving the next two days with two different se florida dm's. As a diver from northern nj maybe I can provide a second opinion. Can't make any promises but I am expecting safe professional and even fun dms.

Good luck with the weather. I dove a few times out of wpb last week. Dove the ana Cecilia which was neat. The current was ripping and saw a few bottlenose above the wheelhouse.

Regarding the dm's, they were very professional helpful and friendly. Not a single complaint at all. They were attentive and helpful on the boat when needed and a good presence under water. They carried gear and tanks from the shop to the boat (I carried my own but that's just me ) and back at the end. Good briefings and knowledge of the sites.

... Thus, DMs are more d*ck-ish to customers .....
You gotta come on some the spearfishing boats in Florida. Divers will start trash talking your equipment while you are still standing in the parking lot. But don't let that bother you, we'll teach you how to push that tiny 10" fish you caught so close to the camera lens it will look like a world record that you had an epic battle to put it on ice. You'll be snorting and crying from tears of laughter by the time you get off the boat, but you'll have some made some great new friends too !!

Good luck with the weather. I dove a few times out of wpb last week. Dove the ana Cecilia which was neat. The current was ripping and saw a few bottlenose above the wheelhouse.

Regarding the dm's, they were very professional helpful and friendly. Not a single complaint at all. They were attentive and helpful on the boat when needed and a good presence under water. They carried gear and tanks from the shop to the boat (I carried my own but that's just me ) and back at the end. Good briefings and knowledge of the sites.
Who did you dive with? My last few trips down there I've had the good fortune to dive off a private boat but, I do like diving with JDC and Narcosis. Scuba Adventures has sold their business, but the new owner seems to be maintaining the same dive opportunities (baited shark dives for example).

Dope with jdc and also little deeper out of Blue Heron Bridge Scuba
also give Stuart Scuba's Down Deep a shot out of Jupiter. They also own the Blue Heron Bridge shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom