White particles in reg hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikronboy

New
Reaction score
Took out my Aqualung mikron that's been in storage (has only a handful of dives since new) and removed the miflex from the primary second stage to find this strange white substance in the hose
and reg.

IMG_9835.JPG IMG_9834.JPG
Any ideas what and where it came from before i have the LDS run a service?

that is not a break down of the hose lining. That looks like salt residue from salt water intrusion to the first stage. Usually from careless rinsing practices or not blowing the tank valve off before putting the first stage on. Looks like it's time for new hoses and a full service of your gear....

I third the "not the inside of a miflex hose". But if it's salt, that's one of the worst cases I've ever seen. Get your regulators to the LDS and have them looked at.

That is severe corrosion caused by saltwater and inadequate cleaning of the regulator after diving and extended storage following. N

that is not a break down of the hose lining. That looks like salt residue from salt water intrusion to the first stage. Usually from careless rinsing practices or not blowing the tank valve off before putting the first stage on. Looks like it's time for new hoses and a full service of your gear....
After reading the other replies, I just took a closer look - maybe my glasses are clean now. I don't see any chunks of particles; there is finer powdery substance. It certainly looks more like salt. I agree with tbone1004 and Wookie-you need to have your gear serviced. Maybe there is hose degradation, but it sure looks like contamination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom