APEKS 18# Single Wing Compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Comsys2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greeting Board Members.

I have enjoyed and benefited from all of your conversations. Thanks.

One question remains unanswered for me; Compatibility of the APEKS 18# Single cylinder wing with generic Back Plates?

I was given an APEKS 18# Single cylinder wing and I need a back plate.

Can I use a Dive Rite plate or must I buy an APEKS plate in order for the tank band slots to line up?

Unlike some wings I have seen (DR, DGX, DSS/Torus) that offer generous space for tank bands to pass. The Apeks 18# wing look suspiciously proprietary?

I have an Apeks 30# on a Dive Rite plate. If you use assembly screws (sex bolts) the slots are just a little off for the cylinder bands so threading is a little snug, but no big deal.

I have an apeks 18lb wing. Do you need measurements ? I can get some tomorrow?

I have an apeks 18lb wing. Do you need measurements ? I can get some tomorrow?

Thanks for the input Guys: No need for the measurements Dana, Scott says they should mate up, snug, but close enough. Cheers.

Compatibility of the APEKS 18# Single cylinder wing with generic Back Plates? I was given an APEKS 18# Single cylinder wing and I need a back plate. Can I use a Dive Rite plate or must I buy an APEKS plate in order for the tank band slots to line up?
I own an Apeks 18lb wing. You can dive it with Dive Rite, OMS, etc., etc.

I have an Apeks backplate and it measures up to a "standard" steel, and a Halcyon BP so i'd imagine that it's universal.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom