Pony bottle rental near Key Largo or FLL/MIA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I'm making a trip to Miami and Key Largo in October. I want to rent a pony bottle for the week. I'd like to get it in Key Largo, but somewhere near FLL or MIA airports would be OK too. Anyone know where???

This is my first time renting a pony bottle. Do they typically come bare, or with some type of sling setup? I don't need regulators.

Thanks!!

I think you can rent a slung 40 at Conch Republic but I never have done so. Worth an e-mail...Conch Republic Divers Diving | Tavernier | Key Largo | Islamorada

I would think but do not know that Divers Direct might possibly also. They have two shops within your parameters, one on I-95 just south of FLL (literally like a mile or two) and another in Key Largo. Divers Direct | Stop Into One of Our Six Florida Dive Shops for Great Selection of Top Brand Name Scuba Gear. Powered by GearUp Experts.

Conch Republic renta 40's for $14 a day if Nitrox then it's plus whatever we put in it.

Conch Republic renta 40's for $14 a day if Nitrox then it's plus whatever we put in it.

That sounds reasonable for a diver on your boat with your tanks, each day. The frustrating part is after a week, I could almost buy one for myself. But that, of course, leads to airline travel issues...

I'm hoping someone will rent me a tank for the whole week. Pickup on Monday and keep until Friday...

I'll keep looking....

I've rented the 40 cf bottles when I've dove with Conch Republic. They are set up like a deco bottle and can clip off on an upper and lower D-ring on your BC.

Quite a few shops in the Keys or FLL/Pompano will rent a pony bottle when you dive with their boat.

If you just want a small pony bottle, Divers Direct sells a 13 cubic foot one for $115. You can always ship it home via UPS Ground or USPS at then end of your trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom