Nautilus Lifeline and Diver Lost for 13 Hours in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update Mike

Any idea when will the new units with v.64 software already installed be shipped ?

Sorry for the delayed response, cardzard. Any units that are shipped from our distribution offices will now have firmware version 0.64 as the default. While this is the case, units that are currently in-store may have an earlier version because they may have been shipped earlier. Luckily, for the folks who purchase Lifelines from our valued dealers, a firmware update will happen automatically with proper registration of your Lifeline. This will ensure that your unit is on v0.64, and ensure that your Lifeline has all of the latest features and functionality.

I hope this answers your question. Again, apologies for the delayed response.

Sincerely,

The Nautilus Lifeline Team

Last time I tried to update my software, my Lifeline crashed. An hour phone call to Canada that cost $55.00 figured out that I was using the wrong USB port on my new laptop. I needed to download the upgrade with an earlier USB. What USB port Am I to use with my Nautilus? USB 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0?

Last time I tried to update my software, my Lifeline crashed. An hour phone call to Canada that cost $55.00 figured out that I was using the wrong USB port on my new laptop. I needed to download the upgrade with an earlier USB. What USB port Am I to use with my Nautilus? USB 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0?

Hi there, USB 2.0 would be the to use for your Nautilus LifeLine. If you could provide me you phone number via email, I can ask one of our tech supports to phone you, so that you wouldn't have to spend on the long distance call.

Hello,
Sorry to use this old discussion, but I want to share with you my experience with the Nautilus Lifeline, based on the livechat I had with them and a certain anger as I was setting up my device for one of my relatives:

"Dear Captain Mike,

I am a French diver and sailor, and also CEO like you... I bought the lifeline some years ago, charged it regularly and upgraded its firmware some months ago, with the live chat and the tech support it went well.

As I was preparing the sailing gear of my relatives, I explained how the lifeline was working and an issue that occured a couple of times in the past happened again: the unit turns off randomly after pressing the green or the orange button, and the only way to get it working again is to plug it via usb...

So, I got a chat with Ryan, I attach the chat discussion. After a couple of details, he "identified a battery issue" and asked me to send the unit for battery replacement at $54...

(My lifeline is having several hours of full battery run, and the self diagnosis is good as shown on the attached picture.)

So, I have been asked to send it back for a battery replacement, and to pay for it. Just for information, I am a CEO of an IT and harware company, so ******** is easy to identify and I am quite a technical person.

The self test showed "good to go"; the firmware has the last version, but the item is faulty indeed. So I end up with a device on which I should rely in case of emergency that is basically faulty, the issue is known by Nautilus (Nautilus Lifeline User Alert - Scuba Shack - Connecticut); it seems very similar... and as I don't want that my relatives or myself end up like Mr Folsom's (Nautilus Lifeline and Diver Lost for 13 Hours in Hawaii); I am seriously concerned about the quality of the Lifeline and most of all about the transparency of your company.

You have all the elements in hand; I believe I can't rely on Nautilus Lifeline anymore and I await for your explanations today (avoid ******** please, it is a waste of time); and on the appropriate measures to fix it for me and for all the lifeline users.

"Peace of Mind for everyone on the water" is what I look for, even if it means that you recall the existing Lifelines."

Attachments

• WP_20160815_001.jpg
    WP_20160815_001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 246
Hello ErwinG,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the service you received recently. Our priority is to ensure that our customers are happy with their Lifelines. Please allow us to assist you.

If you could please send us an email at info@nautiluslifeline.com, we will be happy to arrange a return authorization so that we can fully inspect and service your Lifeline.

Sincerely,
The Nautilus LifeLine Team

ehrm.. I didn't notice this was a recently revived ancient thread. Nevermind.

Recently got an email from Nautilus announcing a new Lifeline GPS unit. Had been thinking now was the time to buy the radio so I can talk to my boat, but their website notes they have discontinued the Lifeline Radio. So now Nautilus is only providing an emergency GPS signalling device that transmits your coordinates directly to the rescue agencies; they no longer produce a waterproof VHF radio that allows you to talk to your dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom