Any Masks or other SCUBA Gear Made IN USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I am new to SCUBA, and am looking to purchase some equipment. Mask, snorkel, and fins first. What brands are made in the USA?

Thanks!

Actually, you are better off making a list of features that you want your new gear to have, then finding equipment that fulfills your criteria. Where it's made is not nearly as important as usability, fit, and quality.

Virtually everything DeepSeaSupply sells is designed, and manufactured in Pasadena California, USA.

We do all Water Jet cutting, Finishing and Forming for our Back plates and misc plate cut hardware in house.

We also design and produce all necessary fixtures and forming dies.

We do all the RF welding associated with all DSS inflatable.

We also design and produce all necessary RF welding dies and fixtures

We injection mold almost all molded items we offer including all fittings, grommets and specialty items in house. About the only thing we don't make are the power inflators.

We also design and manufacture the required injection molds. We maintain over 30 scuba related molds in the current rotation.

We do all cutting and sewing using cutting tables, CAD generated patterns, and water jet cut patterns. Our sewing shop features 10 commercial sewing machines.

In addition we machine various Delrin and Stainless Steel items using various CNC Mills, Lathes, Grinders and WaterJet Table.

If possible we source our input materials from domestic sources and mills. (While the majority of our major materials are domestic there are a few items that are nearly impossible to buy from domestic sources)

My first choice is always to do the task in house with domestic materials.

Tobin

Pretty sure that much of the Dive Rite line is made in the USA.
I'm pretty sure the regs aren't - they look too similar to the HOG, DGX lines made by ODS in Taiwan. Plus the ODS brand itself. ODS

I'm pretty sure the regs aren't - they look too similar to the HOG, DGX lines made by ODS in Taiwan. Plus the ODS brand itself. ODS

Nor are they made by ODS! :-O
The XT line moved from ODS due to some issues they had with them *not quality related btw*, so I'm 99% confident they're made by WMD which is right next door. All of their soft goods are made in NY, the O2ptima is made here as is the Nitek, but regs/fins/masks etc are imported. No one can really afford to do that anymore...

I'm not sure which wetsuits are still made here, but none of the big brands that I know of. USIA and DUI drysuits are still made here. Henderson used to, but most if not all of their stuff is imported. Cutting and sewing is just too expensive in the US for most companies to justify it. Milling doesn't make sense to export because it is power hungry and labor lean so it makes sense and is often cheaper to keep it here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom