Diving in La Romana Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfdive5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers,

I am looking for some dive information about this destination. I will be staying at the Grand Bahia Principe Resort at the beginning of September and would appreciate any information on which dive operations to use, dive locations that are a must see, if there's shore diving, and general information for this part of the world.

Thank you.

Give us more info pls. What do you want to see? What are you expecting? What is your experience level? Where else have you been for comparison? Is it a dive trip or a trip where you dive? We went, we dove....we won't be back but we may have a different idea/agenda than you do. Bill

Never dove that island. It I were, I'd do some searching about Scuba Fun, which I've seen good report of from others, and I think it's in the region you'll be staying. To get you started, took a look at the Bayahibe 2015 Trip Report posted by Qnape. Their website has a Contact Us Page that gives the dive center address as "Calle Principal #28 Bayahibe, La Romana – Dominican Republic."

Whoever you dive with, remember to post a trip report when you get back.

Richard.

Give us more info pls. What do you want to see? What are you expecting? What is your experience level? Where else have you been for comparison? Is it a dive trip or a trip where you dive? We went, we dove....we won't be back but we may have a different idea/agenda than you do. Bill

I have dove Bonaire, Cancun, Cozumel, Rivera Maya, Belize. My level of experience is instructor and have been diving for many years (1976). I live in south FL and do mainly shore diving with some boat dives to further reefs and wrecks. This trip is for a wedding and I wanted to check out the diving. I don't know what to expect regarding dive operations or reef system. When you mention you dove but won't be back, what was that based on?

Never dove that island. It I were, I'd do some searching about Scuba Fun, which I've seen good report of from others, and I think it's in the region you'll be staying. To get you started, took a look at the Bayahibe 2015 Trip Report posted by Qnape. Their website has a Contact Us Page that gives the dive center address as "Calle Principal #28 Bayahibe, La Romana – Dominican Republic."

Whoever you dive with, remember to post a trip report when you get back.

Richard.
Thanks for the reference to Qnape, I'll be sure to post a followup report from the DR when returned.

We dove with Dressel Divers out of the Iberostar. We stayed on the north side (Bavaro) and the diving there is pretty meh. However, we took a day trip down to the Iberostar Bayahibe for 3 dives and the diving there was very good. I'm looking forward to going back some day. Unfortunately that doesn't help your choice of dive op since the Iberostar is way on the other side of town from the Gran Bahia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom