Weight belt vs. Integrated weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What do you guys prefer?

integrated is certainly easier. If you're planning on BPW (which you seriously should) your options become a little more limited

I use both - Mako makes a good rubber belt. I split my weights between integrated and the belt.

Both. It is what works best for you.

SCUBA SS BP/shotpouch in channel, rubber weight belt.

Freedive weight vest and rubber weight belt.

Get ~1/3rd weight over lung area for trim.

Last edited:
My warm water/topical/travel wing is set up weight integrated but can be switched to a weight belt configuration quickly. My temperate water rig is configured for a weight belt but has "trim" weight pockets on the cam bands. Cold water rig, what is the cold thing you people speak of, I can go stand outside in the winter and freeze but tail off for free. N

I "cold" Nova Scotia water I need 43 pounds, thus need both. In "warm" Connecticut summers in my shorty, I need 18 pounds and just use integrated, leaving the belt in Canada. This type of diving is so much easier gearing up & down wise. Oh, well, it's back to the 7 mil and 43 pounds now.

Almost always integrated. I can't remember the last time I wore a belt. If I don't have an integrated weight set up, I wear a DUI weight harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom