Dive company recommendation for Cozumel in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay where you want to stay, get back on the barge that brought you, dive with whom you want, eat where you want - it's your choice for yourself. Criticizing others' choices is dumb.
The "eat where you want" part reminds me of posts complaining about divers who dare to eat Italian, hamburgers, or, god forbid, even sushi on the island. How dare they?

Not that we're off topic by much but I'd like to point out that your favorite meal, car or truck, or idea what a beautiful mate (male or female) is may be very far from what the rest of us look for. We're all individuals with different likes & dislikes as well as different ideas on how to spend the money we have for a vacation / dive trip / mid life crisis / bucket list whatever etc.
My wife & I have totally agreed on 1 thing about any vacation trip & that is that it's not a vacation if you need to clean & cook. You may feel different about that & that's fine because you walk in your shoes & live with your wife / husband / soul mate not me.

Besides, what makes Casa Mexicana more "authentic Mexican" than the Occidental Grand? Surely they both have similar offerings at the breakfast buffet. Surely they both have "authentic Mexican" crappy mattresses on the beds.

The sky is blue! No, the grass is green!

It's a silly argument. What I look for in a vacation is what appeals to me; I care not what you do. I don't need anyone to validate my choices by conceding that what appeals to me is somehow superior to what appeals to them. As a matter of fact, it is very good that we don't all want the same thing, isn't it? Otherwise, we would all be forever standing in line waiting for our turn to experience that One Good Thing.

I stay close to town, take taxis everywhere I go, eat in a different restaurant every evening, dive with a "no frills" op on AL80's, and drink Leon Negra because them's my choices. Yours are not all (I hope) the same as mine; otherwise Mega would always be sold out of Leon Negra.

DSFDF.

EXACTLY. Not only that but it's going to take a VERY BIG hotel for all of us to stay in.

Exactly. Vacationing tastes are extremely subjective. Heck, my own schizophrenic subjectivity keeps me trying new things even when I'm perfectly satisfied with the old. What galls me a bit are folks that go once, repeat the exact same experience the next eight or so times, and declare that it's the "best" without trying the rest.

That said, I do believe I've found the "best" dive op for my tastes, but only after experiencing five others. I've stayed at three AIs and three non-AIs and may try Casa Mexicana on my next trip just to see what the big deal is about the place. I love staying in the more tropical setting to the south. I love staying in town in walking distance to all the restaurants. And I enjoyed staying at Blue Angel even though the walk was rather long. Trying to make up my mind where I want to stay next is hard enough, but then there's the food. Damn the food. Which is why I appreciate AIs as I don't have to make the difficult choice of picking six or seven spots for dinner out of a hundred or so worthy candidates. Hmm, maybe I do envy those who can just find one place they love so much they continue to return again and again. And maybe I envy those who are content to buy sandwich meat for dinner every night because they don't have to pick among the excellent restaurant choices.

Naw. I eat Subway about four days a week at home. I want that pepita fish at Kondesa. OK, that's one dinner down for the next trip. Only five or six more tough choices to make :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom