Virgin Gorda dive sites/ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Heading there for Spring Break with the (non-diving) wife and (non-diving) kids. Looking to get a couple of dives in while there. DiveBVI looks to be the only show in town. Though I guess there's Sunchasers out by Bitter End. Anyone know anything about them? In particular... will they pick divers up at Leverick Bay Marina?

Who? Sunchasers? IDK...

DiveBVI has a 2nd location at Leverick Bay so I'm not sure why you'd want to go with Sunchasers...
Leverick Bay | Dive BVI

Jeff McNutt - their GM is VGdiver He and his wife Casey are good people and a lot of fun but they're mostly at the main shop afaik.

I'm reliably certain DiveBVI keeps at least one boat there also since it's kind of a far run from town. They are really a first class operation also - one of the top 5 on my all-time best list.

The Rhone is a decent dive, the Chikuzen is supposed to be great and a large ship but they can't always get out there, it's several miles out in open ocean. Painted Walls another good dive, bring a light even in daytime.

Also some of the Dogs - they're sort of straight west from Leverick Bay once they go around the end of VG - I liked Seal Dog Rock a lot - it's a pinnacle and as you come around it there's a baitball that's been there at least since 2007 - someone here mentioned they were in it last summer. I floated inside it and filmed it pulsing around me and a cuda hitting them 20' away.

Plan on the Friday Night Beach BBQ at Leverick Bay - everybody goes - tourists, locals, etc.
You also can't go wrong at the Rock Cafe for atmosphere, food, wine list. Nicer than the name suggests...
.: The Rock Cafe :.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJP
Thanks!

Dove the Rhone from Tortola a few years ago.

I understand that most ops don't allow Chikuzen penetration. Can't see making a run out there just look at the OUTSIDE of a wreck. :)

May just let my choice of sites come down to wherever the are going the day I can convince my wife to let me go diving.

Any shore diving?

Any particularly good beach bars?

Any shore diving?
Not that I'm aware of but I have heard you can go in near the Aquarium site and swim out to it. It's just south of Spanish Town harbor. DiveBVI does it as a 2nd boat dive so maybe they know. About your only option for tanks anyway.
Any particularly good beach bars?
Not Any that we found - and we looked. something & Turtle is popular in Spanish town but it's off the marina. Farther south are more view bars than beach bars - on top of the Baths mostly. Yours at Leverick Bay might be the best beach bar there.

Farther south are more view bars than beach bars - on top of the Baths mostly. Yours at Leverick Bay might be the best beach bar there.

Actually staying over on the "beach coast" in a villa, but Leverick's is the nearest marina. Plan to head to Anegada for a day, so we'll get our beach bar fix at Cow Wreck Beach.

Other than that, we'll have to rough it on the back porch... :)

full

Hi! I dove in Virgin Gorda in 2013 while sailing the BVI. I used 'Dive BVI' and they were excellent. I want to recommend if you are traveling with your family to Virgin Gorda to charter a boat with intersailclub. A boat can accomodate everyone and you get to see more.

We had a villa also - on Windy Hill on the south side. Not as good a view as yours but we could see Fallen Jerusalem (Island) and off in the distance Tortola's north end.

This thread is old, but just wanted to note that I just got back from Virgin Gorda. Sunchaser runs a phenomenal dive operation out of Bitter End, but they pick up at Leverick Bay if you are staying in a villa, like we were. They will even rinse, dry, and store your dive gear overnight at their shop, and have it back on the boat assembled for you on your next dive day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom