Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We've got an upcoming trip to West Palm and I'm planning to take the family to BHB. Other than that, though, are there any other "protected" areas that would be good for snorkeling? The kids are 4 and 7 and not super strong swimmers, yet, and my wife is not comfortable in the ocean. Are there any other places to take them to enjoy some pretty fishes, sharks, or other cool sights?

We've got an upcoming trip to West Palm and I'm planning to take the family to BHB. Other than that, though, are there any other "protected" areas that would be good for snorkeling? The kids are 4 and 7 and not super strong swimmers, yet, and my wife is not comfortable in the ocean. Are there any other places to take them to enjoy some pretty fishes, sharks, or other cool sights?

This article might be helpful.
Best snorkeling in Florida: Where to explore from the shore | Florida Rambler

John MacArthur State Park on Singer Island and the north end of Carlin Park in Jupiter have decent snorkeling. The east side of Peanut Island has some artificial rock structures that attract a lot of fish and are a really nice snorkel zone

Bathtub reef in Stuart is popular family spot (decent free diving on outside reef). It's a decent spot at low tide reef is expose and is usually flat calm between beach and reef is 1-4'. On high tide you can swim across (please don't stand on it) and venture into the outside reef dropping to 20' or so

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom