Logtrak for Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I know that is what I do. The problem is that this software is missing things like SAC and just way behind other dive logs.

Yes, I know that is what I do. The problem is that this software is missing things like SAC and just way behind other dive logs.

Dive Log for iOS and DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager for MacOS both provide SAC rates and always have. I can't tell if you are referring to ScubaProLogTRAK or our software (as mentioned in the previous post), but if you need some assistance, please contact us.
Thanks,
Janice
P.S. And we support downloading IrDA based ScubaPro/UWatec dive computers on the Mac.

Dive Log for iOS and DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager for MacOS both provide SAC rates and always have. I can't tell if you are referring to ScubaProLogTRAK or our software (as mentioned in the previous post), but if you need some assistance, please contact us.
Thanks,
Janice
P.S. And we support downloading IrDA based ScubaPro/UWatec dive computers on the Mac.

Janice is correct. She is also good at adding computers to her list if you have some that are not on their list. I know from personal experience when I shipped her a couple of Genesis and Oceanic pucks to add!

I have used both MacDive and DiveLog Manager. At least DLM allows IrDA downloads which MD does not. One thing I would LOVE to see is a crossover between the two. I love the way DLM works, even handling our ScubaPro computers. The ONLY complaint I have about it is that it is only geared toward a single user at a time. We are a family of 8 divers and all dive with ScubaPro computers and a Genesis puck in the pocket as an emergency backup. When we download the computers after a trip, all of the data is handled as separate databases. In other words, sites, shops, other people present, etc must be added for each and every dive AND for each an every separate diver's database. It would be great to have a common database between the separate divers and their databases that could cross populate some to most of the objective data from group dives or trips or at least be a menu select and click function.

Thanks Joe. And yes, our format is such that each user get's their own logbook. And each logbook file is stand alone so that it can be self consistent. We did add a feature awhile back where you can exchange Site, City, and Country information with other divers or users. It's a generic XML format and so other developers may or may not pick it up. But you can use it to export the Site/City/Country details and then import them into another logbook. We have not added it for Equipment yet but it is a possibility if we get requests. For Buddies and Shops, the information is easily added from the main Contacts "database" on your machine and so we leave the main repository of that kind of information there instead of re-inventing the wheel ourselves.

Janice

OK I'm confused.

What is DiveLog Manager?

I started this post asking about ScubaPro Software call LogTRAK, but sounds as if this is something else.

If this is true are you saying that DiveLog Manager will work with a ScubaPro M2/

Let me know

OK I'm confused.

What is DiveLog Manager?

I started this post asking about ScubaPro Software call LogTRAK, but sounds as if this is something else.

Your original post seemed to indicate that you were not happy with ScubaPro LogTRAK and so subsequent posts were giving you suggestions of other, 3rd party MacOS logbook software you could try instead, such as MacDive, SubSurface, or DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager. 3 different pieces of software from 3 different companies outside of ScubaPro.

If this is true are you saying that DiveLog Manager will work with a ScubaPro M2/

No, I'm saying that it does support showing you your SAC rate because a previous post may or may not have said it doesn't. It does support downloading the Meridian and the Chromis, but we do not yet *officially* support downloading the Mantis(2). None of the 3rd parties mentioned above do yet but probably will soon as it appears to be similar to the Meridian and Chromis and so we just need to wait for a Mantis(2) user to send in some information about it and it will be added. (MacDive does not list Meridian or Chromis as supported but SubSurface does).

FYI only - If you did want to use DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager before Mantis(2) support was added, you could use ScubaPro LogTRAK to download it into their database, and then use DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager to IMPORT that data into it's own logbook. (More info on our website).

Janice

The ScubaPro software works and is OK but that's the point; it's just OK. For adjusting the internals of the computer, use LogTRAK. For a log book or to really drill down into your data, use DiveLog (which also does infrared downloads) or download into LogTrak and export your data into a better program like DLM, Subsurface or MacDive.

The ScubaPro software works and is OK but that's the point; it's just OK. For adjusting the internals of the computer, use LogTRAK. For a log book or to really drill down into your data, use DiveLog (which also does infrared downloads) or download into LogTrak and export your data into a better program like DLM, Subsurface or MacDive.

I have been working with Janice at Dive log and she has been about to complexly integrate ScubaPro M2 into their software. I can now download directly into their program.

The Janice is the guru of dive software. I recommend their product to all ScubaPro dive computer users.

Dan

Purchased a scubapro dive computer. Home computer is a mac running 10.7.5. Downloaded Logtrak. No problem downloading dive profiles and dive information from dive computer. But as a log the program seems dumb as a stump. I see no way to give the dives a name. If I go to the Hyde wreck I would like the dive to be called Hyde. Not only can I not do that I do not see how to provide any information other than that which is downloaded from my dive computer. Am I missing something or is the software actually that unfriendly?

I would like to be able to put more details in on visibility than good or poor.

All I see in the location screen is a demo picture.

I can only enter psi for tanks. There is no place that I can see where I can enter the size of the tank.

Surprised that the program cannot compute SAC rate.

Maybe I am missing something but does not seem that useful as a log program. Only use is getting info out of dive computer in a simple manner.

Hi Steve,

It has been a year since you posted this. I have read the thread but not found a suitable app that is compatible with the Scubapro computers. How have you worked around this?

Or does anyone else have a solution for Mac and Scubapro dive computers?

I have since found out that I could edit some of the information but I had to look up the command keys for a two button mouse which I do not normally use. So I get my log profiles including temperature and can enter location information. I have not played with it any more than that. From the profile data I get the information I want. I do not worry about my sac rate any more. My second dive is NDL limited usually even on Nitrox so good enough for me. I am old school. I keep a paper log and also a spread sheet version of key data so I can quickly look up conditions for a given dive during a certain date at a certain location. Plus for fun I have some spreadsheet counters. As of today I have spent 20,201 minutes under water or 333.68 hours.

Bottom line: Using logtrak I quickly and easily download the information from the dive computer and get useful depth and temperature graphs. Did need an infrared dogle or whatever they are called. But basically plug and play. Plug in link in usb slot. Open logtrak. Turn on dive computer with hole in side facing infrared device. Tell logtrak to download dives and works everytime unless I have waited too long and then need to turn dive computer on again. Just push a button on dive computer. Don't need to have it set to anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom