Banco Chinchorro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beechdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
4 of us will be staying in Mahahual the week of Sept 10-17 Hoping to get out to Banco Chinchorro at least 2 days, Was wondering if anyone else was looking to do the same? Since they want at least 6 divers to take the boat over there.

Just bumping this to the top, Really no divers interested?

Just bumping this to the top, Really no divers interested?

Normally, I would jump on the chance but I just returned from Caye Caulker having spent 10 days there, and prior to that 2 weeks in Xcalak, Mexico. I wish that I could get away with it but I don't think I should even try. Did a day a Banco Chinchorro, fabulous! Are you doing an overnight, you mentioned 2 days there? Who are you diving with?

Actually spending the week, Diving with bucaneros, hoping the local diving is good as well but would really like to get out to Banco Chinchorro, Our usual trip is cozumel but was just looking for something a little different this time, Dove on Ambergris caye about 15 years ago but was just a beginner back then. Looking forward to the trip for sure.

Actually spending the week, Diving with bucaneros, hoping the local diving is good as well but would really like to get out to Banco Chinchorro, Our usual trip is cozumel but was just looking for something a little different this time, Dove on Ambergris caye about 15 years ago but was just a beginner back then. Looking forward to the trip for sure.

I assume that you are flying into Cancun and renting a car. Just make sure that you have time to make the 5-6 hr. drive before sunset. "Don't travel after dark" is a good rule there. You might check with XTC Dive (XTC DIVE CENTER | Scuba diving, Snorkelling, Fishing and Excursions in Xcalak, Costa Maya Mexico) if your shop doesn't go. They have bigger boats now and have started doing more trips to Chinchorro if they have a large enough group. I'm jealous, love it there!

Thanks for the info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom