San Andres water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolesorchard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are heading to San Andres, Colombia this weekend and wondering what suit to take, any input about current water temps would be appreciated.

My wife and I are heading to San Andres, Colombia this weekend and wondering what suit to take, any input about current water temps would be appreciated.
I was there in January and February a few years ago. Temps were in the mid 70s and I wore a 3mm full suit. There were many divers wearing 3mm shorties and lots or casual divers in shorts and t shirts. I dont know about the temperature now, but the web site I checked said 83f today.

How was the scuba trip to San Andres Island? Looking to go there in early January with my two teen boys. Very experienced divers. Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand.

David,

My suggestion would be to go from San Andres to Providencia. I haven't personally been diving in San Andres, but in the research I did for my recent trip, I heard that the diving in Providencia is better. It's about a 30 minute plane flight from one to the other.

We stopped in San Andres both ways and it was definitely more commercial and developed. Providencia is delightfully smaller and more quiet.

I have a trip report posted here.

David,

My suggestion would be to go from San Andres to Providencia.
Agreed. Somehow I got my islands mixed up late when posting. Providencia is the target island for for all the reasons mentioned. The review posted on CHUM is a terrific read. Very helpful.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions. Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom