Logtrak for Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Purchased a scubapro dive computer. Home computer is a mac running 10.7.5. Downloaded Logtrak. No problem downloading dive profiles and dive information from dive computer. But as a log the program seems dumb as a stump. I see no way to give the dives a name. If I go to the Hyde wreck I would like the dive to be called Hyde. Not only can I not do that I do not see how to provide any information other than that which is downloaded from my dive computer. Am I missing something or is the software actually that unfriendly?

I would like to be able to put more details in on visibility than good or poor.

All I see in the location screen is a demo picture.

I can only enter psi for tanks. There is no place that I can see where I can enter the size of the tank.

Surprised that the program cannot compute SAC rate.

Maybe I am missing something but does not seem that useful as a log program. Only use is getting info out of dive computer in a simple manner.

Hi ! I think you should download 'MacDive', so far the user friendliest dive related software on Mac. It manages various diving computers, and will allow you to compute SAC, manage your equipment, etc and more. I've used it for several years to download profiles from my Nitek Trio and now with my Shearwater Petrel.

Hi ! I think you should download 'MacDive', so far the user friendliest dive related software on Mac. It manages various diving computers, and will allow you to compute SAC, manage your equipment, etc and more. I've used it for several years to download profiles from my Nitek Trio and now with my Shearwater Petrel.

I will check it out. Thanks

That's what the forum is for, isn't it ?

Purchased a scubapro dive computer. Home computer is a mac running 10.7.5.

You're running a pretty old version of MacOS so OS compatibility will be an issue with any logbook software. The version of our software that is distributed from our website will still run on 10.7.5, but there are certainly sometimes issues with the older releases. (Just FYI for comparison, the Mac App Store version of the application requires 10.9 or greater)

Also, if you have an IrDA based dive computer, you are limited as well. You should double check device compatibility.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Dive Log Manager.
Janice
More Mobile Software

Subsurface

Unless Scubapro has changed their tune, you can only download from Scubapro computers into their software, whether it works or not. I struggled for a long time trying to switch my Datatrak log to my Mac, because the Scubapro Mac software was non-exisistent. With help from a few others, I finally had it converted and switched to Mac-Dive which has awesome support and accepts dives directly from my Shearwater Predator via Bluetooth. Since I'm typically on CCR, I also have a lot more usable data from the Shearwater than I ever did downloading from a Tec 2G in gauge mode.
That doesn't likely help your cause much, but Scubapro has crap dive log software.

Steve, I'm a hardcore Mac user (have zero windows machines in my house and only manage a few at work) and I'm using Subsurface. I have it via the TestFlight beta on my iPhone as well.
I'll have it on phone on Sunday.
-A

Steve, I agree with you that LogTRAK is a low level dive program with few features. I have always used MAC Dive, but ScubaPro has made it so their products only work with their software. I have a new M2, which I got with an instructor key man and thinking about selling it because of this issue.

Have you found anything out there to fix this problem?

Dan

I use DiveLog with my ScubaPro products on my Macbook and it downloads straight into the program just fine. It just not allow you to change anything in the computer itself. To do this you must use their software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom