Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finished my gallery from our Photo Trip in June. Glad we got down there when we did. Bringing a whole group from the DC/MD area felt very risky. I went down a day early to prep and the viz was ~5ft. But when the group arrived, it was back to normal. And we beat the algae. Lucky. Here' s the full gallery:

Blue Heron Bridge June 2016

It includes a few shots from a 2-tank West Palm night dive trip, but most are from the bridge. And here's a few favorites.

P6220068s.jpg P6240307s.jpg P6250678s.jpg P6250747s.jpg

Dove yesterday at Blue Heron and it was great! Water was nice and warm and we saw tons of life. But has anyone ever heard of people filming with underwater drones? I ask because one decided to tangle itself in my dive flag line and almost drown me while I was on the bottom. Interesting dive to say the least

WOW!! It was indeed hard to spot, even when JET was pointing it out! Nicely camo'd and a beautiful creature.

Best part was happening to drift past this cool diver who went out of her way to say, Hey, come on, I've got something to show you! I never expect to be recognized UW (or topside for that matter) and if I am, I half expect to have something thrown at me. But JET recognized me as I was just poking along, and then took me over to see the seahorse. How cool was that?! Mahalo, Gracias, and Domo Arrigato!

MB:
WOW!! It was indeed hard to spot, even when JET was pointing it out! Nicely camo'd and a beautiful creature.

Best part was happening to drift past this cool diver who went out of her way to say, Hey, come on, I've got something to show you! I never expect to be recognized UW (or topside for that matter) and if I am, I half expect to have something thrown at me. But JET recognized me as I was just poking along, and then took me over to see the seahorse. How cool was that?! Mahalo, Gracias, and Domo Arrigato!

My pleasure! Always a joy to bump (not literally) into a friend underwater and show them something wonderful!

I am diving the bridge at night tomorrow for the first time with force-e. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

For a typical day dive I usually hit the east span, surface swim to the west and then end there. Which span should I focus on at night? I want to pick one to simplify things and I fear getting lost in the swim area at night lol.

Little late to be responding to your inquiry, hope you got your dive in and figured it all out. I generally stay to one side the entire dive, and out in front where normally you can't scuba during the day can become a fun spot.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I ended up hitting the east span and swim area as you mentioned.... I found a juvenile scorpion fish hanging out in the shallow sand, watching him crawl around was great!

Thanks to those who gave us advice on what it's like at BHB. While we didn't have an opportunity to snorkel out to the trail with the current since we are both not strong swimmers, we did really enjoy what we were able to see in the snorkeling area.

The water is so crystal clear it was heaven. Makes us jealous being on the gulf side for sure. We also took a ride up to Blowing Rocks and Coral Cove and what an experience that was in itself.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 73
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom