Confederation Park Unidentified Shipwreck Hamilton ON 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't spend much time in the St. Lawrence I see :) There are 100's of meters of lines running to sites all throughout it, Lock21, Gaskin, Rothesay, Kingshorn the list goes on. However looking at google earth and your vid it would be pretty hard to miss. I don't know how nicely I can ask but you're welcome to give a tour on Saturday morning :)

Lines never work in Canada. The ice flow always ruins them. Personally I wouldn't waste my time. The lines will just end up ensnaring some poor fish/animal or get caught up on the wreck and pull it apart.

So simple to get to if you watch the video. I even have the exact landmark to swim out from. The wreck is over 100 feet lying about east to west generally. Can't miss it if you just watch the video I posted. Ill even show you personally if you ask nicely.

You don't spend much time in the St. Lawrence I see :) There are 100's of meters of lines running to sites all throughout it, Lock21, Gaskin, Rothesay, Kingshorn the list goes on. However looking at google earth and your vid it would be pretty hard to miss. I don't know how nicely I can ask but you're welcome to give a tour on Saturday morning :)

No I have not spent much time, about 10 times only, I would love to dive more. I did the Rothesay before but not the others, thanks for posting I will go check it out.

Looks like you got a dive buddy lined up for Hamilton, we can't make it this Saturday, have a sister flying in to Toronto I have to pick up then go visit my parents in Goderich. Maybe next time. I advise to watch my video a few extra times before going out because it can be very disorientating once you get there as well the beach you dive from is super rocky. Cut across the bush from the trail as I point out in the beginning of the video, will save you guys so much time and hassle. The bush is like 15 feet thick, as opposed to walking 300+feet on rocky goose poop beach.

Ya I really like the Rothesay, so many fish and eels when the water warms up and so easy to get to. If you haven't done lock 21 yet put it on your radar.
Looking at google maps it seems the best access is at the bench, in front of what looks like 3 big trees. Is that the scrub you're revering to?

No I have not spent much time, about 10 times only, I would love to dive more. I did the Rothesay before but not the others, thanks for posting I will go check it out.

Looks like you got a dive buddy lined up for Hamilton, we can't make it this Saturday, have a sister flying in to Toronto I have to pick up then go visit my parents in Goderich. Maybe next time. I advise to watch my video a few extra times before going out because it can be very disorientating once you get there as well the beach you dive from is super rocky. Cut across the bush from the trail as I point out in the beginning of the video, will save you guys so much time and hassle. The bush is like 15 feet thick, as opposed to walking 300+feet on rocky goose poop beach.

Well, we found it Saturday after a bit of searching.

Easy shore entry after a fairly long hike from the parking lot. Do NOT try this without a cart!

Pretty cool.....like a giant flattened ribcage. There are a couple spots I'm sure you could stand on and have your head above water.

Apparently (according to a sign on shore) the ship was the steamer Alma Munro. Built in the 1870s, and it went down in 1914.

GoPro battery was dead, and so was the scooter battery.......shortly after we submerged. :thumb:

Ya fortunately it's close to shore :) I was surprised at the clarity of the water though, very pleasant little dive. I'm really keen to go out and see whatever it is that's sitting just west of the wreck. Access there looks much easier as well.

Back
Top Bottom