Open-Ended Bans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ Insta-Gator - it is appropriate for those whose time is taken by miscreants on the board to decide the fate of the miscreants.
@ CuzzA - A democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what's for dinner.
FWIW, except in very rare cases of direct, intentional, gross violations of the TOS, (for example, spammers earn an immediate permanent ban) the banning process is a painfully long, drawn out, agonizing process in the Mod squad. Along the way there are usually edits, pleas, suggestions &c before a ban is imposed, and in most cases a time ban is imposed before a repeat offense triggers a permanent one. And, rather than democratic rule, I've never (and I've been on the board even longer than NetDoc) seen a permanent ban imposed if any Mod had a strong objection to it. So while the process might be a bit squishy, it is definitely skewed against permanent bans.
Rick

Uncle Ricky, (may I use that appellation? It is a term of respect.)

That was a wonderful explanation. Thank you. How to answer? I'm really comfortable with this site, it is shepherded by good people. Let her stew for a spell, makes one more tender over time.

Yes, and this is one of her friends talking. I'm the sort of friend that speaks up even when it is not in my best interest to do so. She can be defended only so far and then the whole thing falls into "lessons learned".

There is a lot of good in that girl, I like her. I will also admit that she can be relentless.

But then, so can I...

Back
Top Bottom