Cape Cod area fatality - Massachusetts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Diver drowns in beach off of Sandwich
SANDWICH, Mass. —A man was found dead in the waters of Town Neck Beach in Sandwich Saturday.

Sandwich fire officials said they entered the water in an attempt to rescue a diver who was unresponsive.

Neighbors noticed the diver's buoy line had not moved since 10:30 a.m. and called police. Two kayakers noticed the body and started tugging on the line.

The man has not been identified, but it appears the man was a seasoned diver and was out alone.

The Coast Guard is involved with the operation.

There is no cause of death at this time.

Diver Who Died In Apparent Drowning Off Sandwich Coast Identified
SANDWICH (CBS) — A diver who died in an apparent drowning off the coast of a Sandwich beach Saturday has been identified by authorities as 55-year-old Michael Dearth of Orleans.

Dearth had been diving for lobsters off Town Neck Beach before he was found floating in his dive gear near his boat, according to the Barnstable District Attorney’s Office.

Investigators say no foul play is suspected. The cause of death has not been determined.

The incident remains under investigation.

Last edited:
This is an awful tragedy. I did not know the diver but from what I've read he was very loved by family and friends. My condolences go to the his loved ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom