Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overall, we had a good photo trip last week. Some great finds, including this little guy.
P6240432.jpg

Well, I just rented tanks and the like for an early morning high-tide group dive tomorrow and now I just caught on the local news that the algae has reached Peanut Island and it has been closed. What does that mean for our dive? :rant:

It means you place you health at risk by swimming in that water! Getting worse before it will get better.
Algae spotted at Peanut Island, red flag warnings going up

It means you place you health at risk by swimming in that water! Getting worse before it will get better.
Algae spotted at Peanut Island, red flag warnings going up
Thank You Captain Obvious. LOL :facepalm:

Gonna call Force-E and see if I can get a refund on the rental tanks and weights.

Update: Just spoke to Force-E. They had some divers just return from bridge with no issues or closures. I'm gonna play it by ear and see what it looks like tomorrow morning. The in-tide may clear the water. If not then dive is scrubbed.

Last edited:
I just watched a news update with palm beach enviro managers saying the algae is non toxic - traced from c5 canal coming from lake O - there may be small scattered patches near peanut island they said but it should be safe for swimming this weekend - they said if you see a patch somewhere just stay away from it - but it shouldn't be "toxic"

I just watched a news update with palm beach enviro managers saying the algae is non toxic - traced from c5 canal coming from lake O - there may be small scattered patches near peanut island they said but it should be safe for swimming this weekend - they said if you see a patch somewhere just stay away from it - but it shouldn't be "toxic"
I just saw the same report. We are gonna give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Not too many years ago, BHB kept getting closed for swimmers. A few divers learned that they take the water samples at low tide just a couple feet off the beach. So, the divers started taking samples at high tide further out, sent them out for testing, and all came back good.

I just saw the same report. We are gonna give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Look for blue-green algae coating along the shore. Others plan to be there too. Riviera Beach closed their ocean beach according to PBPost.

BHB Scuba said on their FB that there was no algae at BHB this afternoon.

Man what a mess this is becoming for you guys over there. We have a trip planned to visit there in a couple weeks so we've been following the news to see if we may have to cancel which I hope we don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom