Buddy Dive Resort Vs Buddy Dive Belmar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No TV or Internet in the bedroom. Otherwise fits your bill.

Our last stay at Buddy Dive consisted of dealing with a lot of mold issues.

I prefer the Belmar but don't consider it a good locale for meeting others. My wife prefers the Caribbean Club property but I would not recommend it for meeting others either.

Buddy Dive will provide the best inter action but that does not mean that you can't stay some where else and pick up tanks there or eat there.

It's the tropics. There is bound to be some mold eventually. We were at Buddy Dive in April and stayed on the Lion Dive (north) side of the property. Room was freshly renovated, clean and no obvious mold. AC worked well. Wifi was an issue.

IMO, Buddy dive provides easy access to excellent house reef, dive boats and drive through as well as an incredible spot for breakfast overlooking the ocean. Also, walking distance to several restaurants. Bennies and Ingredients on site.

Belmar and Buddy Dive both have pluses and minuses. Depends on what your priorities are.

How clean are the rooms at Buddy's Dive Resort

The wife and I are avid snorkelers and love the shore snorkeling in Bonaire.
We only need a tea kettle for making tea a coffee pot, nice fridge for making ice for our little cooler and a microwave for reheating take out food when we're just don't feel like going out to dinner.

And a tv in the bedroom

Thanks
I believe the studios have a tv in the bedroom but no sitting area except the kitchen or outside..

I've been there several times and I find the rooms clean enough. The towels and bedding at times are somewhat worn, but also clean.
You need to remember that you are at a dive lodge, not a 5 star hotel.

Back
Top Bottom