How Can I Stop Blisters From Forming On My Toes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I carry waterproof medical tape. If a blister starts to form I just tape it - stays on for the day normally. Will have to try the socks.

Yeah, but you an get a piece of duct tape on any boat, no forgetting it at home.

Bob

I have boots I really love that fit well and then I wear a pair of XS Scuba lycra socks. I hate full foot fins because I always used to get blisters with it after enough dives. I wear my XS Scuba lycra socks inside out due to the seam causing a bit of discomfort but it works so well inside out. :)

I avoid any blend with cotton but for thinner socks I use cheap "dry" athletic socks and for a little more cushion and warmth I use wool socks.

Let me try to get this staight. Do you wear your lycra socks under your neoprene boots or not? Thanks

Another option is wearing a thin (2mm) neoprene sock under your normal dive boots. The extra padding and extra chaffing protection will be a big improvement, unless your fins are super tight on your existing boots.

Let me try to get this staight. Do you wear your lycra socks under your neoprene boots or not? Thanks
No, I am not currently using Lycra socks. I did, however, order a pair of XS SCUBA Beefy Socks to try the next time I dive.

When I got my dive boots - they only came in full sizes 9's were too small - 10's a little big. I would get a blister on my heel. I started wearing my thick wool hiking socks. No more blisters.
Bonus my feet stay a little warmer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom