First DRY dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doby45

Do I have something in my teeth?
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well I finally got my new to me Fusion Bullet out this weekend for some dives. I also installed the SiTech Round rings from DRIS on the suit and let me tell you they are AWESOME!! Back to the diving.. First dry dive ever started out with me being overweighted a bit and a bit of a yo yo.. I found out at the end of my second dive while waiting on my safety stop at 15' that with no air at all in my BCD and the suit in a perfectly acceptable squeeze that I would sink at a pretty good rate with an AL80 @ 500psi. Normally in my 5mm suit I will use 12lb in fresh water so I was like "Hey, I am gonna add these 2 4lb weights to my top tank strap and go from there!" Needless to say I took some weight off and ended up at 16lbs. Next two dives were great and I was much more in control. I used the BCD for buoyancy and the suit to just keep the squeeze off. So 4 dives total and a bit wet on my left wrist area as my undergarment was under my wrist seal a bit and I did not notice. Other than that I was dry and happy. I had no issue at all managing the "bubble" of the Fusion and even did some intentional head down feet up moves to test recovery and it was no different than being in my wetsuit. I did learn that when you are at a specific depth and you are moving in different directions and positions that you need to close the vent. My buddy and I were "harvesting" dive weights that get dropped off the training platform and sink to 65'.. So we are down there digging in the silt and rocks looking (by touch) for weights and without thinking, I would rotate a certain way and "burp" my suit would vent and I would feel a little like a pack of those hotdogs in the grocery store. Well, it only took twice for me to learn that lesson and now I am more mindful of my body position. The suit vents great and would basically auto-vent as I was ascending and I did some of the other "drills" such as disconnect and reconnect the inflator hose and running the inflator wide open to mimic a run away inflator. All in all, awesome suit and a joy to dive..

nice post! I like the bubble management in the fusion too.

The fusions are great suits, I love mine.

Awesome write-up, glad you like the ring system!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom