Hows diving and staying at Tenggol Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevindive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where did you stay and who did you dive with. I hear there are only 3 places to stay with? One might be closed? Thank you for any information.

Tenggol is sweet. If you are in Malaysia I'd definitely say go for it. I dont think id fly around the worl just for it. ..Its a bit of a mission, 4 hr drive from KL and then a 45 min speedboat ride to the island. We stayed at Tenggol island beach resort, the other one on the right hand side is tenggol coral beach resort. And I think the one to the left is haunted haha. I was there with students, so we were diving on our own, i am not sure how it works with diving there as a guest (most people are from KL and go with instructors or at least DMs). There are some cool dives, there is a little pinnacle out crop with a little lighthouse off the main island that is very beautiful when the vis is 20-30m. There are a couple wrecks too and at the end of the season you have a chance of seeing whale sharks.

Another island that is nearby that does not have as nice diving, but a little more comforts is lang tengah, if you We stayed at a resort, before it was transformed into a snorkeling hub for foreign tourists, not sure if they have diving there anymore but a few of the places on land tengah do have dive operations. There where leopards sharks, but think they were fished out.

Kevin
Did you go to Lang Tengah or Tengoll?
If so what were your thoughts? I am in Malaysia and these were a possibility for a season ending dddive.
Thanks Victor

Thank you very much! I dove Tioman 2 years ago and that was great as well.

Hi Victor. Unfortunately we have not made it to Malaysia this year. My only dives were off of Tioman, which was great. We stayed with Paya Beach Resort and dove with their in-house shop, Divers Cove.

Diving

Nice operation and our dive master was really nice. The diving was warm, very light currents, lots of critters and good looking corals. Hope to be there soon.

Kevin

Hi kevindive,

I doved Tenggol island this year around Sept 2016 and i must say its very relaxing. I stayed at tenggol island beach resort. I reckon the bigger pelagics will come at the pinnacle lighthouse area during the season. locals says you can see whale sharks. personally i didn't see, but i saw a eagle ray! haha.. if u drive in you can park at the Terangganu Jetty and set off by speed boat from there. Usually locals drive in. If not, they will take a bus in. I'm from Singapore, so I took a bus in and walked to the jetty. ( 10hr bus ride! )

The diving is easy and relaxing. i recommend tenggol island beach resort. :) they are friendly and accommodating. hope you get to dive there soon! cheers and dive safe!

going to tenggol again!!! one week after MIDE2017. Hope to test some new gears, if i can afford any this time around. and last dive before Ramadan. Would be my 2nd time there. last time was July 2016 and the diving experience was great. can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom