New FB group (scuba safety awareness for Taiwan)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jphehe

Contributor
Reaction score
So I decided to create a FB public group, mainly to provide more information for the Taiwan scuba community because our information here is very limited.

I've created a chart of fatalities with details from the past (or whatever that I could find on the internet). Our government only collects the basic stat for the water-related incidents (date, age, gender, where, cause of death-scuba). Other details will only be available if it was reported by the news.

I am just an average diver who likes to get to the facts, answers, and data. Everyone is encouraged to help and contribute!

Hey Jeffery,

Yes sadly there does seem to be a few accidents and fatalities here, but most often not a lot of news about them. Especially it would be good to hear more about non-fatal accidents and causes, hopefully people could learn from them. A lot of it comes down to better education.

According to the official data (Ministry of Interior, Taiwan), the # of diver fatalities in the recent years:
2014: 17
2015: 13
2016: 2 so far

The database infrastructure for water related incidents was only completed at the end of 2012.
All prior record were paper based with limited availability.

So, there we go, at least that's a start :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom