Just Back From Tiger Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Spent the week on the Bahamas Aggressor diving in the Tiger Beach area. Ironically, we did not dive TB as the sharks didn't come in. That didn't matter as we had tons of sharks at Hog Fish and Shark Paradise. Pretty much every dive had Caribbean Reef sharks, most had Lemon Sharks as well. We finally got Tigers on a late day dive at Shark Paradise. Majestic creatures. General life on the reefs was great. Saw plenty of lion fish but plenty of all other species as well. Grouper populations seemed to be good, lots of Hog Fish, plenty of all of the other species as well. The Sugar Wreck was the fishiest site I have ever seen anywhere! There has to be at least a million fish on that site.

Water temps were 76 to 79 degrees F. Air temps were high 60s to low 80s. Dives were generally easy and shallow and on the BA as long as you can make your tank last. Food and service on the BA was wonderful! 5 dives a day if you wanted. I did that a bit but the sometimes the Kaliks called before the 5th dive.

Here is a cheesy video with some accidental repeats on segments that is the overview of various sites.

Here is a video of the Sugar Wreck.
Here is a link to some pics from the trip: Bruce Piburn

Highly recommended as far as the trip goes. Now looking at the southern itinerary if that gives you any idea.

Last edited:
Glad to see your trip report. Ironically, I had my eye on the Bahamas Aggressor awhile back, but wanted to do the traditional itinerary, not the new one you did (not against the latter, but I want my 1st Bahamas trip to be the region that it's best known for), and I didn't want to wait till late in the year. So I ended up doing the Cayman Aggressor IV instead (May 14 - 21), & had a great time. I remain curious about the itinerary you did, since I haven't seen prior reviews about it.

I'm glad to hear you found the general life plentiful, not just the sharks. I'd wondered whether going after the sharks would mean making sacrifices in other aspects of the diving experience. Your report is heartening in that respect.

Richard.

We just booked a trip there for summer 2017 on the Bahamas Agressor with the Tiger Beach itinerary...hope we see some

...I ended up doing the Cayman Aggressor IV instead (May 14 - 21), & had a great time...

Richard, I am eager to hear about your trip on the Cayman Aggressor, please post a report soon!

Strange no tigers....we saw plenty that week...May 8 to 14 trip video...
Glad you saw some. We saw you you guys out there. I know Dennis tried you on the radio to see how you were doing. Our last full day we used the same MO you did which was to stay at one spot and keep the scent pyramid fresh. With all of the shark activity we had we were pretty sure the tigers would come in and they did. That was at Shark Paradise. At Tiger Beach after a couple hours of soaking the bait we only had a lemon show up.

Glad to see your trip report. Ironically, I had my eye on the Bahamas Aggressor awhile back, but wanted to do the traditional itinerary, not the new one you did (not against the latter, but I want my 1st Bahamas trip to be the region that it's best known for), and I didn't want to wait till late in the year. So I ended up doing the Cayman Aggressor IV instead (May 14 - 21), & had a great time. I remain curious about the itinerary you did, since I haven't seen prior reviews about it.

I'm glad to hear you found the general life plentiful, not just the sharks. I'd wondered whether going after the sharks would mean making sacrifices in other aspects of the diving experience. Your report is heartening in that respect.

Richard.
I was excited about all we saw besides the sharks. At El Capitan there was a squadron of the largest eagle rays any of us had ever seen. I saw four but others that were on the other part of the reef saw upwards of 11. The grouper were just as interested in the bait as the sharks so we always had those around and several were huge. There were lobsters everywhere at every site as well. If the boat sits at Tiger Beach all day and the sharks don't come then there would be nothing to see. It is just shallow sand.

Back
Top Bottom