Diving in Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah? Sounds great... let me see if I can work something out to get their with my gear and yeah. Do you rent tanks? That's the only piece I will need. Not sure how much weight I will need. I'm set up far as fresh water with 22lbs, but not sure how much weight I will need for saltwater. I was told I would need approximately six to eight more pounds.

also how much does it cost... are we talking boat guide or shore guide?

also how much does it cost... are we talking boat guide or shore guide?
You can see my website www.taiwandive.com for prices of fun dives. Look under 'courses' at the bottom of the page. Prices are in NT$.

Yeah? Sounds great... let me see if I can work something out to get their with my gear and yeah. Do you rent tanks? That's the only piece I will need. Not sure how much weight I will need. I'm set up far as fresh water with 22lbs, but not sure how much weight I will need for saltwater. I was told I would need approximately six to eight more pounds.
How much weight you wear depends on the thickness of your wetsuit. In Taiwan in summer we wear 2mm or 3mm and 5mm in winter. Water temp in summer is 26C to 28C.

I will be wearing a 2mm or 3 mm shorty. Is there a nice variety of coral and wildlife in Kenting?

Great soft and hard corals, lots of small reef fish. There have been Mantas and Mobula rays in Kenting this past two weeks, probably due to the coral spawning about 3 weeks ago.

1 USD = approx 32 NTD (New Taiwan Dollar)

Better dive sites are in the south: Kenting is the national marine park, has huge area of beautiful coral reefs. Visiability is medium.
The other 3 southern islands have far better visibility, and are popular dive sites for vacation.
You can find videos on youtube (Kenting, Green Island, Orchid/Lanyu Island, Liuchiu Island)

Most tank rental is NT$150 NTD (US$5) for air and NT$250 for nitrox.

Since most human population are in the north (Taipei), people just go to NE Cape for shore dives (40min drive).
The coast is very beautiful and is always packed with fishers/divers/tourists during summer weekends.
Visi isn't "vacationing standard", but it has many macro stuff if you are into those and photos.

And no need to worry about "losing" stuff here.

I tried looking your site up, but it would not allow me to see most of it. It stated that I did not have the correct plugs to see it. I mainly want to see the coral life. Maybe some exotic sea life. Crazy looking fish that are not of the norm.

Back
Top Bottom