Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any guesses as to how early a guy would have to get to the bridge on Sunday May 30th (Memorial Day Weekend) to get a parking spot? My wife and I will be visiting from MN and are considering trying to fit this in after a pair of morning dives with JDC. Looks like high tide is 3:51 PM that day if I'm reading the charts correctly.

Any guesses as to how early a guy would have to get to the bridge on Sunday May 30th (Memorial Day Weekend) to get a parking spot? My wife and I will be visiting from MN and are considering trying to fit this in after a pair of morning dives with JDC. Looks like high tide is 3:51 PM that day if I'm reading the charts correctly.

It's memorial day weekend so it'll be crazy unless the weather is bad. Since it sounds like you have plans early in the day, I'd plan to arrive 2-3 hours before high tide, but even then you may not be able to find parking without persistence and luck.

Last weekend I drove around waiting for 40 minutes and eventually gave up and dove the rock pile reefs off the Riviera beach.

The BHB lot may well be full before you get on the JDC boat! We went at 7am on a BBQ holiday a year or so ago and the lot was soon full. Hi tide on Sunday the 29th is 2:48 PM, so you want to get in the water half an hour or 1 hour before that.......See Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club for tips, etc on Facebook.

Take a look after the JDC dives, but plan on going to lunch! Brass Ring Pub north of Blue Heron Blvd.on US1 about a mile has great burgers. Dune Dog just south of JDC is good (the clam chowder is out of this world great) and Food Shack(Jupiter) and Capt Charlies Reef Grill(Juno Beach) are great. Guanabanas is a very pleasant outdoor restaurant on the water in Jupiter.

I plan on staying far away from the bridge on Memorial Day weekend. IF I were diving there, I would want to be there by 8am to get a parking spot and make a day of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they close the park for more traffic by 11 am...
Hmmm so.. get to the park around 6 am.. park. Get an Uber to JDC and back... hmmmm...

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I should go with Plan B: lunch and a cold beer or two!

BHB-201605069762.jpeg

A few cool nudies from recent dives at the bridge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom